• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Non arachnid pets....

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My two. Darcy the Basset & Bix the wirehaired Dachshund.

thumbnail.jpg

NorseDad

Hudson (red tick coonhound) and Maisy (blue tick coonhound). They are brother and sister. Hudson was from the litter right before Maisy's. Same parents though. Maisy wasn't part of the plan but the breeder said this was the last litter before the dad was fixed. Hudson's 1 year and she's 5 months. Hudson is a neurotic scaredy cat and Maisy is an alpha and cool as a cucumber. They are chaos incarnate, but I love them so much.

both.jpg
huds.jpg
maze.jpg

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here is our Smaug before he passed away a few months back :(View attachment 60053
Enzo wanted to burry him in his favorite camping spot, in the middle of an upstate NY national park we go all year long. For him to visit him when spending the night camping in the wild.
As he passed away in the middle of the winter when there was a lot of snow, I kept it in my freezer until we could go back.
Finally we were able to organize a “funeral” and I took a few of his friends with him for the weekend to help and comfort him.
He picked a beautiful site between 3 trees on top of a hill :)
07560014-9407-4438-9D64-33D41420D3E0.jpeg
96221819-5D11-494F-A1C1-035333090EC0.jpeg

x_raphael_xx

Enzo wanted to burry him in his favorite camping spot, in the middle of an upstate NY national park we go all year long. For him to visit him when spending the night camping in the wild.
As he passed away in the middle of the winter when there was a lot of snow, I kept it in my freezer until we could go back.
Finally we were able to organize a “funeral” and I took a few of his friends with him for the weekend to help and comfort him.
That's a really nice idea.

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
View attachment 60054View attachment 60055
Aw…..so very sweet.

MBullock

3 Year Member
every year these baby woodland alligator lizards (elgaria multicarinata webbii)

get into my house around late spring. Not really a pet, but they are cute, lol

Attachments

• 44966224_1952941544800131_3861557941387657216_n.jpg
    44966224_1952941544800131_3861557941387657216_n.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 3

MBullock

3 Year Member
Found her a while back in 2014. she passed on earlier this year approx. the age of 16-17.

Most literature states the oldest they get is 8 years but that's def hogwash because i had her for roughly 6 years as an adult. Once they get to this state it's nearly impossible to stop MBD because just like us, stuff like osteoarthritis takes hold and is incurable.. then the jaw problems etc. it got so bad she couldnt eat anything other than repashy paste mixed with bug guts

Noodlelove

Hudson (red tick coonhound) and Maisy (blue tick coonhound). They are brother and sister. Hudson was from the litter right before Maisy's. Same parents though. Maisy wasn't part of the plan but the breeder said this was the last litter before the dad was fixed. Hudson's 1 year and she's 5 months. Hudson is a neurotic scaredy cat and Maisy is an alpha and cool as a cucumber. They are chaos incarnate, but I love them so much.

View attachment 60048 View attachment 60049View attachment 60050
I'm in love

Latest posts