• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Noddles with heads(my snakes)

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
I've been spending a little more time with my snakes lately, getting a few of my corn snakes ready to breed and realized I've never posted much about them, so i just wanted to take a little time and share my collection on this thread. Nothing extreme, mostly ball pythons and corn snakes with a few exceptions.

First up is my big girl Kae, she's just a normal ball python but one of our first, she's about 14 years old now
_20190217_111549.JPG

Next up we have Jasper, he's about a 4 year old male albino lavender ball python, hoping to pair him with a few of our females this spring.
KIMG1042.jpg

Then we have this little beauty, she's a baby enchi lesser ball python we recently picked up at the show. No name yet, any ideas???
KIMG1705.jpg

This next one is Maggie, she's a 10 year old pastel ball and our first ball python we got 10 years ago, love this girl.
_20190122_204835.JPG
And cinnabun our female cinnamon ball python.
_20190119_151726.JPG
Moving on from the ball pythons, next is my baby dumerils boa I just picked up recently, This is Dorris.
KIMG1683.jpg
This next one is our oldest and most unique, Herman our 15 year old cali king hybrid.
KIMG1701.jpg
Tex the texas rat snake.
_20190201_163304.JPG
And here is Ester our albino reverse okeetee corn snake, such a beautiful snake.
_20190126_125447.JPG

Our young male corn Flame.
KIMG1695.jpg
And last but not least our male albino red corn Jerald, he's getting ready to go with our female Ester, hoping for some beautiful new babies from them this spring.
KIMG1693.jpg
That's it for now atleast, if anyone else has pics of their non-legged friends, feel free to post em here, I'd love to see em as well.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've been spending a little more time with my snakes lately, getting a few of my corn snakes ready to breed and realized I've never posted much about them, so i just wanted to take a little time and share my collection on this thread. Nothing extreme, mostly ball pythons and corn snakes with a few exceptions.

First up is my big girl Kae, she's just a normal ball python but one of our first, she's about 14 years old now
View attachment 35471
Next up we have Jasper, he's about a 4 year old male albino lavender ball python, hoping to pair him with a few of our females this spring.View attachment 35473
Then we have this little beauty, she's a baby enchi lesser ball python we recently picked up at the show. No name yet, any ideas???View attachment 35475
This next one is Maggie, she's a 10 year old pastel ball and our first ball python we got 10 years ago, love this girl.View attachment 35476And cinnabun our female cinnamon ball python.View attachment 35477Moving on from the ball pythons, next is my baby dumerils boa I just picked up recently, This is Dorris.View attachment 35478This next one is our oldest and most unique, Herman our 15 year old cali king hybrid.View attachment 35479Tex the texas rat snake.View attachment 35480And here is Ester our albino reverse okeetee corn snake, such a beautiful snake.View attachment 35481
Our young male corn Flame.View attachment 35482And last but not least our male albino red corn Jerald, he's getting ready to go with our female Ester, hoping for some beautiful new babies from them this spring.View attachment 35483That's it for now atleast, if anyone else has pics of their non-legged friends, feel free to post em here, I'd love to see em as well.
you have a lovely snake collection:D is herman a cali x corn? -I really love your baby boa and ball python they are so cute :) thanks for sharing!

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
you have a lovely snake collection:D is herman a cali x corn? -I really love your baby boa and ball python they are so cute :) thanks for sharing!
Thanks,Herman is a true colubrid mutt lol his momma was a cali king and pops was a corn/milk hybrid that hooked up by mistake. The shop we got him from had tried to feed the mix to the king for whatever reason but instead they did the deed ;) they ended up with 7 babies that survived out of the clutch and sold them for $20 each so I picked one up and still have him, best 20 I ever spent. We actually still get asked about him when we get the chance to stop in that store, as fare as they know he's the only one left.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
You have some lovely snakes. There don't seem to be many Dumerils around these days but I love that flower pattern along their backs.
Thanks Enn, they are awesome animals. I've wanted one for years and your absolutely right about not seeing many of them anymore, I go to a reptile show atleast 6 times a year and just now found one, and was lucky enough to find a female at that.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks,Herman is a true colubrid mutt lol his momma was a cali king and pops was a corn/milk hybrid that hooked up by mistake. The shop we got him from had tried to feed the mix to the king for whatever reason but instead they did the deed ;) they ended up with 7 babies that survived out of the clutch and sold them for $20 each so I picked one up and still have him, best 20 I ever spent. We actually still get asked about him when we get the chance to stop in that store, as fare as they know he's the only one left.

King snakes have a gut that can cope with digesting another snake unlike most snakes that may swallow a snake but will normally regurgitate it. Many Corn snake breeders kept a King to feed any deformed babies to. This is also why you don't leave 2 Kings together for breeding but sit and watch them just in case, a bit like watching paint dry :rolleyes:

Thanks Enn, they are awesome animals. I've wanted one for years and your absolutely right about not seeing many of them anymore, I go to a reptile show atleast 6 times a year and just now found one, and was lucky enough to find a female at that.

A very lucky find. I'll look forward to lots of photos of her as she grows.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

View attachment 35471
Next up we have Jasper, he's about a 4 year old male albino lavender ball python, hoping to pair him with a few of our females this spring.View attachment 35473
Then we have this little beauty, she's a baby enchi lesser ball python we recently picked up at the show. No name yet, any ideas???View attachment 35475
This next one is Maggie, she's a 10 year old pastel ball and our first ball python we got 10 years ago, love this girl.View attachment 35476And cinnabun our female cinnamon ball python.View attachment 35477Moving on from the ball pythons, next is my baby dumerils boa I just picked up recently, This is Dorris.View attachment 35478This next one is our oldest and most unique, Herman our 15 year old cali king hybrid.View attachment 35479Tex the texas rat snake.View attachment 35480And here is Ester our albino reverse okeetee corn snake, such a beautiful snake.View attachment 35481
Our young male corn Flame.View attachment 35482And last but not least our male albino red corn Jerald, he's getting ready to go with our female Ester, hoping for some beautiful new babies from them this spring.View attachment 35483That's it for now atleast, if anyone else has pics of their non-legged friends, feel free to post em here, I'd love to see em as well.
Where do you get your corn snakes if I might ask?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
King snakes have a gut that can cope with digesting another snake unlike most snakes that may swallow a snake but will normally regurgitate it. Many Corn snake breeders kept a King to feed any deformed babies to. This is also why you don't leave 2 Kings together for breeding but sit and watch them just in case, a bit like watching paint dry :rolleyes:

A very lucky find. I'll look forward to lots of photos of her as she grows.
Thanks for the info @Enn49 -I know the cali's have a reputation for being cannibalistic :eek: -its interesting to hear about the mix parentage of herman ,as often as you know cali x corns are common place jungle corns? as they are known,a friend of mine breeds them,
as for the boa-you are lucky indeed ,just a shame some boas end up unwanted as they grow I'm sure @Enn49 has had some lovely ones -she know her stuff when it comes to snakes:)

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Thanks for the info @Enn49 -I know the cali's have a reputation for being cannibalistic :eek: -its interesting to hear about the mix parentage of herman ,as often as you know cali x corns are common place jungle corns? as they are known,a friend of mine breeds them,
as for the boa-you are lucky indeed ,just a shame some boas end up unwanted as they grow I'm sure @Enn49 has had some lovely ones -she know her stuff when it comes to snakes:)
Enn sure dose know a lot about snakes, she actually helped me pinpoint what my reverse okeetee actually was, I thought it was something else and she informed me it was something totally different. She knows her snakes just as well as her Ts, helpful in all categories.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Are there any Drymarchon available across the pond? I can't recall seeing any at Hamm a couple of years ago, but I wasn't really looking either.

They are so different than other snakes. I love them.

There were certainly some around in the UK a few years back.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Up this morning doing some maintenance with my snakes so figured I'd snap a few pics to update this thread.
Kae thinks she's a tree boa
Screenshot_2019-05-23-22-39-57(1)~2.png
20190523_160113~2.jpg
more balls
20190524_110836.jpeg

Jerald just shed this morning and is looking great
20190411_135046(1)~2.jpg
My baby dumerils boa is put on some decent size since February when i got her. Not bad for a slower growing species.
20190524_111148~2.jpg
20190524_111359(1)~2.jpg

Tnoob

I'm not a huge snake person, I mean it's cool and all, but after my ex wife brought a tai pan, and a king cobra home... Yeah, no wonder I'm divorced.