• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ninja

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So, two of my dogs passed on, and I had one left. I ain't ready for another, so I got a kitten from the pound. It turns out my new cat, Ninja Monkey, is a psycho. I don't have the time or patience to fully describe her behavior, but in the past 2 months, she has eaten the cord to a 75$ pair of headphones, knocked several things off shelves and counters and broken them, ate about a quarter ounce of REALLY GOOD WEED, and finally, slid a 2.5 gallon enclosure off my extra freezer and half ate one of my juvie female B albopilosum..oh, she also tore open a bag of chips on top of my fridge and ate half of them. WHAT KIND OF CAT ACTS LIKE THIS? IS THIS NORMAL?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sorry to say Mass, you are not alone in having a lunatic cat. We have one that can even open cupboard doors and drawers, removes the wedges out of my T container doors, regularly tries to pull the Beardies tank off the shelf, loves to eat tobacco and will steal food out of the other cats mouths. His brother on the other hand is an angel except he does like to steal lighters.

It's good to see you back, I hope you'll stay around :)

Soulman

So, two of my dogs passed on, and I had one left. I ain't ready for another, so I got a kitten from the pound. It turns out my new cat, Ninja Monkey, is a psycho. I don't have the time or patience to fully describe her behavior, but in the past 2 months, she has eaten the cord to a 75$ pair of headphones, knocked several things off shelves and counters and broken them, ate about a quarter ounce of REALLY GOOD WEED, and finally, slid a 2.5 gallon enclosure off my extra freezer and half ate one of my juvie female B albopilosum..oh, she also tore open a bag of chips on top of my fridge and ate half of them. WHAT KIND OF CAT ACTS LIKE THIS? IS THIS NORMAL?
I have two cats,but you no where you stand with a cat,not like people.Ok I do think cats do try killing us humans,maybe it's the hunter in them.i do love them.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
It is normal Im affraid.I have 4 cats of my own and with my girlfriend work with a charity helping them with ophaned kittens till they are ready (old enough) to be rehomed.Kittens almost constantly .So I have seen it all with them.They have lots of energy to burn.Lots of toys and attention to keep them in check but there is the odd one that is a little monster.One of mine was till about he got 2 years old now he is as good as they get real personality transformstion.While the dog cant reach high they can.I have my enclosures on a bookshelf so there is no room for them to get on and mess about.No small enclosures yet tho.But soon will be expanding my collection and all small enclosures will be very high or in a bigger more sturdy one as preventative measure.Its just a matter of reajusting your household to be cat proof really.
Regards Konstantin

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
20200204_025111.jpg

20191126_081208.jpg

These are the only two I have atm. Pure evil. Like her dad is at times :D She's growing fast and showing no indication of turning over a new leaf. She's a source of constant amusement to me, and a teacher of patience. I'm taking her to get fixed next week so I can start letting her outside. She shreds my window screens wanting to get outside at the bird's.. My other cat Smokey is a killer, he drops dead rabbits almost as large as him on my porch every other day or so. Cats being cats I suppose. *shrug*

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 43281
View attachment 43282
These are the only two I have atm. Pure evil. Like her dad is at times :D She's growing fast and showing no indication of turning over a new leaf. She's a source of constant amusement to me, and a teacher of patience. I'm taking her to get fixed next week so I can start letting her outside. She shreds my window screens wanting to get outside at the bird's.. My other cat Smokey is a killer, he drops dead rabbits almost as large as him on my porch every other day or so. Cats being cats I suppose. *shrug*

She is gorgeous, and I love the expression in the 1st, what I call "giving the sly eye". My cat is a mischief maker at times too. He usually goes berserk at 3am. He loves to bite feet through the duvet, and the other night he nuzzled up to me and give my hand 2 gentle licks, just as my heart started to melt, he bit it! Not really hard but not exactly gentle either!
Hope you share more stories about your cats cos the last one had me in stitches.

E

ExMember

My cat Melina is a handful sometimes. She was found in the bush living hundreds of miles from anywhere. God knows how she got out there! She has crazy hunting instincts. And plays for keeps! Some of her odd behaviors are:

Hunting my food (especially bread and pizza) like it's a mouse that ran into a log. She doesn't quit and explores all angles.

She uses her weight like a pitbull.

Used to smash doors in by taking a giant run up the stairs and hammering the door with her body. She has actually twisted frames before.

Tries to strip my arm of feathers like she is eating a bird. She will lick my tendons in my elbow and then try to bite through them.

She thinks my armpit is a mouse cause of the hair and will bite the tendons in my armpit!

Has tried to sever my Achilles several times.

Generally doesn't listen worth a damn!

And last but not least! I had to take her to the vet for an ultra sound. So she couldn't eat for 15 hours. She relentlessly attacked me full out for over an hour. She even went so far as to use her flesh stripping (side) teeth on my leg! I was more afraid of her than bears I have encountered!

All of this is attributed to her crazy hunting instinct. I have to keep all my other animals locked in rooms to keep them safe. It took a while but she is a little sweety most of the time now. Just not when she wants food!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I use to know a lady who had about 5 cats and one day I had to visit her and I bent down to stroke one of these moggies. When I looked up she was looking at me all surprised and said other than herself I was only the 2nd person who has managed to get near this cat unscathed (or the cat allowed to stroke her as she put it) Everyone else who's tried to pet it got attacked. This cat was old too, over 20 years old.

She said it seemed unwell a few months before so she took it to the vet and warned the vet what it was like. The vet obviously didn't think such a sweet looking moggie was capable of inflicting any damage so got it wrapped up in a towel and started to examine it. Apparently the thing that exploded out of the towel and latched onto the vets arm was a ball of fury. The vet had to get the nurse to take her to hospital for stitches. She told my friend that she had given her fair warning but hadn't thought the cat looked capable of that.
Then the vet said " I don't think it'll need a further examination as after what just happened and the speed with which it moved, I sure it's fine!" Lol

gognomie

I have three cats, all rescued strays, but one cat, Wilson, is a bit of a weirdo.
-He has a borderline sexual attraction to microfiber. Before we got him fixed (he had a dodgy testicle and every vet we saw wanted to handle it differently so he was 11 months before he got it removed) there wasn't a banket or bathrobe in the house that hadn't been humped. Now he's been done. he just nurses them like a kitten.
- Because of said testicle and too much testosterone, he's pretty hench, he's like a furry tube of sheer muscle mass.
-Your drink is his drink, fact. I warn people not to leave their tea unsupervised because some part of his anatomy has been in it.
-He's great with me and my BF but he hates strangers, my MIL had to have stitches after trying to stroke him, we kept warning her but no... she's has cats all her life, she knew what she was doing. He'll come up to people all nice and love on them then BOOM, he pops off. He'll also thieves their food and riffles through their bags too. We're working hard with him to calm this down and was having a decent amount of success, but honestly, people have just stopped coming around to visit. I don't blame them. o_O
- He's a soppy thing, he'll get borderline physically abusive if you don't wrap him in a blanket and hold him like a baby when the mood strikes him. He'll purr, dribble and fart like a champ when he gets what he wants.
-Plastic bags, he loves to lick them.
-He once got stuck trying to walk through an open door.
I love my cats, but... Sometimes I question my life choices. o_O

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I have three cats, all rescued strays, but one cat, Wilson, is a bit of a weirdo.
-He has a borderline sexual attraction to microfiber. Before we got him fixed (he had a dodgy testicle and every vet we saw wanted to handle it differently so he was 11 months before he got it removed) there wasn't a banket or bathrobe in the house that hadn't been humped. Now he's been done. he just nurses them like a kitten.
- Because of said testicle and too much testosterone, he's pretty hench, he's like a furry tube of sheer muscle mass.
-Your drink is his drink, fact. I warn people not to leave their tea unsupervised because some part of his anatomy has been in it.
-He's great with me and my BF but he hates strangers, my MIL had to have stitches after trying to stroke him, we kept warning her but no... she's has cats all her life, she knew what she was doing. He'll come up to people all nice and love on them then BOOM, he pops off. He'll also thieves their food and riffles through their bags too. We're working hard with him to calm this down and was having a decent amount of success, but honestly, people have just stopped coming around to visit. I don't blame them. o_O
- He's a soppy thing, he'll get borderline physically abusive if you don't wrap him in a blanket and hold him like a baby when the mood strikes him. He'll purr, dribble and fart like a champ when he gets what he wants.

I'm saving this so I can read it to cheer myself up when i.m having a bad day haha

E

ExMember

I know the feeling! One time when we had 4 cats I fell asleep on the couch. Woke up with Bev sleeping on my head (not unusual by any means) Lilith on my chest, Murph on my stomach and Ozzy on my legs. Problem was that Lilith was new and Bev and Murph attacked her in unison quite frequently (dominance between the 4 girls). I thought I was gonna be shredded to pieces. :eek: Somehow got Lilith down without waking the others. Good thing too as Bev was a feral and Lilith was a rescued street cat. Murph was born in my house and was the craziest of the lot.

I was very happy when Lilith was accepted by the others. But I often wondered if 4 cats were too many!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Another crazy cat breed is the Burmese. We had a beautiful blue burmese when I was growing up. Poor thing had a short life as it got run over on 2 separate occasions and the final time killed him. My mother cried all day.

Crazy stuff he'd do - running up curtains and your clothes with his claws. You'd be scratched as he ran up then he'd get to your shoulders and move from one to the other, back and forth, purring and nuzzling you, and you'd forgive him. A common sight was my gran or mum cooking with the cat balanced on their shoulders! I'd go in the kitchen in my nightie to get a drink late at night and Lucas the cat would make a beeline for me, and I'd be dodging him as best as I could because those claws would bloody hurt!!

He was a very vocal cat, and would do a lot of yowling

He was a ball of energy. Always up to no good. One of his favourite things was lurking under furniture and attacking the feet of whoever walked past.

I still haven't forgiven or forgotten the day I sat down with a delicious Sunday dinner that I was about to tuck into. He jumped up to steal the chicken off my plate, but missed and landed on his back on my plate, then ran off covered in gravy. The audacity!!

E

ExMember

Another crazy cat breed is the Burmese. We had a beautiful blue burmese when I was growing up. Poor thing had a short life as it got run over on 2 separate occasions and the final time killed him. My mother cried all day.

Crazy stuff he'd do - running up curtains and your clothes with his claws. You'd be scratched as he ran up then he'd get to your shoulders and move from one to the other, back and forth, purring and nuzzling you, and you'd forgive him. A common sight was my gran or mum cooking with the cat balanced on their shoulders! I'd go in the kitchen in my nightie to get a drink late at night and Lucas the cat would make a beeline for me, and I'd be dodging him as best as I could because those claws would bloody hurt!!

He was a very vocal cat, and would do a lot of yowling

He was a ball of energy. Always up to no good. One of his favourite things was lurking under furniture and attacking the feet of whoever walked past.

I still haven't forgiven or forgotten the day I sat down with a delicious Sunday dinner that I was about to tuck into. He jumped up to steal the chicken off my plate, but missed and landed on his back on my plate, then ran off covered in gravy. The audacity!!

I've heard that Burmese can be a handful.:D I always wanted a Savannah but i don't think I could handle it. Every one I have met was just totally nuts! Actually I met one the day I adopted Millie. That savannah started purring and scent marked my face. "Wow this cat is friendly!" Out of the blue it tried to bite me in the face! I had to scruff her to calm her down and said to the guy "Next!"

The next cat was Millie :)

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I've heard that Burmese can be a handful.:D I always wanted a Savannah but i don't think I could handle it. Every one I have met was just totally nuts! Actually I met one the day I adopted Millie. That savannah started purring and scent marked my face. "Wow this cat is friendly!" Out of the blue it tried to bite me in the face! I had to scruff her to calm her down and said to the guy "Next!"

The next cat was Millie :)

They are definitely a handful. He wasn't a normal cat, more like a wild animal, Neutering didn't calm him down at all. Really nice looking animals though, he had gorgeous green eyes and stunning fur.

Lol yeah they are buggers for lulling you into a false sense of security then giving a good hard bite!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I love that joke where the dog goes " They feed and take care of me, they must be gods".
The cat goes "They feed and take care of me, I must be a god"

Latest posts