• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nice surprise

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2014-03-25 11.42.43.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Everyone has moulted lately and I'm delighted to discover my lovely b smithi Hercules is actually female. I've always had an extra soft spot for this one and am so happy that she Will be growing old with me. Love her to bits <3

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
Everyone has moulted lately and I'm delighted to discover my lovely b smithi Hercules is actually female. I've always had an extra soft spot for this one and am so happy that she Will be growing old with me. Love her to bits <3
I was guessing female by the photo of her belly. Is there a name change planned? Maybe Her-cules!;)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good one, I thought Maybe Herculisa or Shecules . I've been calling her hercy boy for nearly two years so she's probably got gender issues. Got at least a year before any of them are ready for baby making but I'm so excited :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks a lot. I bought four b smithis from the same egg they were about half an inch but this one has the Best personality out of them, she's always out on display and never flicks hair or runs away when i do her water or feed her. She's quite the extrovert and very sweet.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Martin, this has made me so happy ive literally been grinning since I found out. I would have bred from Herc whether she was male or female but to know ive got her for a long time is just Brilliant. I've always had a soft spot for her. you can see me going on and on about her on old threads on here.
Tara I hope you're rosie is female too I would have been seriously depressed if Herc had been male although I had convinced myself she was. I was so surprised when I got the skin off her I couldn't believe what I was seeing I had to take the skin straight round my friends for a double check. :)

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
I think I would've been depressed beyond repair ._. I'm super sensitive when it comes to my babies animals are like my best friends and they've a place in my heart ah DX

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Martin, this has made me so happy ive literally been grinning since I found out. I would have bred from Herc whether she was male or female but to know ive got her for a long time is just Brilliant. I've always had a soft spot for her. you can see me going on and on about her on old threads on here.
Tara I hope you're rosie is female too I would have been seriously depressed if Herc had been male although I had convinced myself she was. I was so surprised when I got the skin off her I couldn't believe what I was seeing I had to take the skin straight round my friends for a double check. :)

I'm pretty emotional when it comes to my animals,I don't handle death well I will admit that easily. Especially animals in my care,being my tarantulas or dogs or all my parrots I feel the same.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes i cant bare loosing any of my animals. Am especially fond of Herc, shes a proper show off and very sweet. So happy that we will grow old together. I love all my animals for different reasons tho, shy ones, greedy ones, extrovert ones, clever ones, etc. Am very lucky to share my life with all of them :)

Latest posts