• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nhandu coloratovillosus

cWest

We have A Nhandu coloratovillosus we paired about 6 months ago maybe just under, we believed that she was about to molt as she stopped eating and was getting very big. Today I find she has made a Egg Sack, after 6 months roughly could that egg sac be viable ? if it isn't like we suspect are we best to pull it now ? this is our first breeding project and I can not find a lot of info about Nhandu coloratovillosus breeding.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Chloe:)

T-Baby

3 Year Member
Congratulations on your first breeding! If the pairing was successful then that’s a fertile sac, I would still treat it as that regardless. You can leave the sac with her or pull it after 28 days and incubate yourself, I’m sure someone else will be able to help a little more.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congratulations! Well done! Yes, tarantulas can hold off for much longer. If they do not shed and the breeding was successful you will have spiderlings shortly :):cool:

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
We have A Nhandu coloratovillosus we paired about 6 months ago maybe just under, we believed that she was about to molt as she stopped eating and was getting very big. Today I find she has made a Egg Sack, after 6 months roughly could that egg sac be viable ? if it isn't like we suspect are we best to pull it now ? this is our first breeding project and I can not find a lot of info about Nhandu coloratovillosus breeding.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Chloe:)
They can hold sperm till its time to make the sac, like others have said let her hold it for 25-30 days, keep the sub on the other end damp, disturb her as little as possible, put enclosure in a quite area, stop feeding till after you fight her for the sac.

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
The sperm isnt active till the female says so... ;) Females can hold sperm forever from multiple mates...unless she molts. My Tliltocatl albopilosum held sperm for 375 days befor dropping a fertile sack. I believe @sdsnybny has had success at 900+ days still???
I had an i hirsutum go over 600 days between double clutching but the second sac was bad dried black rock like eggs. The female still hasnt molted, over 900 days and counting. Her MM is tired of waiting.