• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nhandu chromatus turned picky on food?

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
for the past week. i thought that my N. chromatus still doesn't want to eat because he jsut molted. turned out that he was really hungry, but just doesn't want to eat supwerworms. i gave him a roach and he pounced on it the moment i dropped it. (first time he did that) why won't he eat superworms anymoooooooooooooooooooooore? :(

edit: i gave him another roach and he took it as soon as he saw it. i want him to eat superworms. noooooooooooooooooooo.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not sure, maybe the crickets stimulate his feeding response better right now? Good that he's eating though :)

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
they say some T's undergo behavioral changes after molting. for example a calm docile T molted and then became as defensive as an OBT. its possible that this can also be applied to eating habits as well. so it might just be the reason why it stop eating superworms.

Latest posts