• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nhandu chromatus sling

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Got a pair of Nhandus from Casey via USPS today and I could not be happier!

A 4-5" juvenile N. coloratovillosus, in a 4.5" 8oz deli cup and a 1/4" N. chromatus sling in a 5 dram vial. Both animals "walked" out of their shipping containers no worse for wear.

Thanks so much for my first two of this genus and two great additions to my collection!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I always wanted N. chromatus and this week I was surprised by a "pay it forward" gift from @Casey K. - a box of spiders including a 1/4" N. chromatus sling!

I have it in a dram vial, just like our tiny LP sling, with a starter burrow and some moss.

Can't wait for it to grow into the beauty it will one day be
Thanks @Casey K. !

IMG_20200514_123534.jpg
IMG_20200514_123750.jpg
IMG_20200514_165413.jpg

Last edited:

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Enn49 would you mind moving this and the other one titled N. coloratovillosus to my review thread, please? Thank you, ma'am!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Found N. chromatus out of the burrow for the first time since it arrived.

I watered the moss and fed it a freshly hatched, crippled B. lat pinhead.

Took the sling a few moments to find the roach. The sling touched the roach and the roach froze. They both sat there for a moment and as soon as the roach twiched the sling attacked it, hard, then dragged it into its burrow.
IMG_20200516_151623.jpg

IMG_20200516_151631.jpg

IMG_20200516_152105.jpg

So proud lol coz the roach looks so big in the second pic but the sling was fearless!

Last edited:

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Fed our baby Nhandu today after watering yesterday

Crippled roach nymph stumbled into the Ts burrow but the sling dove in, dragged it out and is now munching on it

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Two feedings since last posted here and this sling is bold, is at the top of the vial most of the time and doesn't hide when opened. Not sure when it's going to molt next but as long as it wants to eat I will feed it - every 3-4 days approximately. I water the moss every 2 days regardless.

IMG_20200604_072205.jpg

Latest posts