• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Next T recommendations?

syzygy

3 Year Member
I have space in my office for a T (or 2) and thought it would be interesting to get thoughts from others.

I've added a sig so that everybody can see what the kids and I already have. FYI...my kids named them.

I'm looking for low maintenance terrestrial species.
I prefer non webbing. The H.Colombia is amazing in many ways, but the webbing thing I could do without.
Digging is fine, but would rather not have another "pet hole". The P.Muticus has that genre covered (pun intended).
Nothing HUGE...lets say 6-7" max.

I'd love to find a B.Klaasi sling. Any other suggestions appreciated!

micheldied

3 Year Member
At that size, probably one of the Brachypelma, Grammostola, Dolichothele, or even Pterinopelma sazimai.

Meludox

3 Year Member
Greenbottle blue would be my first suggestion. They pretty much fit your desired T, except they can be prolific webbers.
Some of my other favorites are Brachypelma albopilosum, Brachypelma albiceps, Grammostola pulchra, or Acanthoscurria geniculata. All very gorgeous terrestrials.

B. klassi's are hard to come by and usually pretty expensive. This was the only one I could find.
http://tbreeders.com/cart/tarantula/brachypelma-klassi-mexican-pink-3-4.html

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
:DCantaloupe....I love that.
Low maintenance, average size, non-webbing, non-burrowing, terrestrial..... E campestratus, B albipilosum, B albiceps, G pulchra. All will burrow as slings but will become very active surface dwellers as they gain size.

syzygy

3 Year Member
OK, I finally took your advice. I've recently added the following to my collection.

B.klassi (3x)
P.sazimai (2x)
B.albopilosum (1x)
E.campestratus (1x)
N.tripepii (2x)

All 3/4" or less...can't wait to watch them grow up. Thanks for the suggestions!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You'll love the B. albopilosum. They stay in their burrows almost all the time until they get to be 1-1.5" dls. both of mine are very docile, not skittish, they'll sit there watching what's going on while you move their enclosure or do maintenance. after mine reached that 1.5ish size they seem to only burrow when they go into premolt. all the other times they're out in the open and they have a really good feeding response.

Latest posts