• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newest Question. (HDTV radiation?)

A976486

3 Year Member
Would it be dangerous for tarantulas to be placed in the same room in which there is a functioning HDTV that could emit radiation?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Would it be dangerous for tarantulas to be placed in the same room in which there is a functioning HDTV that could emit radiation?
No

As.long as they wear their little foil hats they will be fine
tenor (5).gif

Vermis

Tarantula Club Member

I once saw a documentary from the 1950s where radiation made them grow 50 feet tall.

5b7ad4ae060e955c7193d84b6fb089df27917b9d.gifv

Seriously, I don't doubt that HDTVs emit some level of radiation, but is it really enough to worry people about their health, let alone their spiders? Honestly asking, I never heard of this.

It's a spin on the Davy Crockett look.

Vermis

Tarantula Club Member
@A976486 I do feel guilty. Honestly, I'm a little paranoid myself about introducing any kind of outside chemical to my own spider and various insects, even hand soap. But a quick internet search tells me that flatscreen TVs generate much less radiation than the old CRTs (which wasn't much anyway) and the amount you receive drops off if you're over two feet away. I'm no expert and I'd probably need to look it up, but I'd guess there's more radiation beaming out from your wifi router.

TL;DR: unless you plonk your spider down right in front of the screen so it can get a good view of the sportsball, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Latest posts