• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newer Tarantula Keeper

Gav_Caldwell2002

Hello everyone. I am a newer Tarantula keeper from Oklahoma and I just recently found this forum. I've had slight experience with local Aphonopelma hentzi and some species of wolf spiders and some tiger beetles. I look forward to interacting with more like minded people that love Tarantulas and also nature. Here is my largest female A. hentzi who actually doesn't have a name. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 16845441310974065183238515181602.jpg
    16845441310974065183238515181602.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome. :)
I name mine after somewhere or something from the area where they originate, towns, rivers, volcanoes etc.

Gav_Caldwell2002

Hello and welcome. :)
I name mine after somewhere or something from the area where they originate, towns, rivers, volcanoes etc.
Ah I didn't ever think of naming my animals like that. Not a bad idea tbh. This one was gifted to me by a faculty member at my college. Not exactly sure where he got her but my guess would be his property

Jeef

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard!

My A. hentzi gets referred to as Big Brown. More because I have a juvenile sense of humor, than the obvious reason.