• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!
Hi there guys and gals,
I'm Brandy new here and loving all the info and helpful members out there!
If you would have asked me a few years ago if I would ever keep a tarantula I would have said hell no!
Flash forward to the present and I've got my 1st T and I'm addicted:) My 3 year old daughter just asked me for a T of her own this morning.. I asked if she wanted a puppy and she said no mama spider! Now I don't think she will be getting one for quite some time, but this makes mama proud! Looks like Ill be needing to research some docile T's in the future. I do hope to have a nice room dedicated to the T's and ants we currently keep when we find a home. I sure wish someone would have told me how fun these little guys are to have around.
What is everyone's favorite tarantula and why?
How did you get into keeping tarantulas as pets?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Brandy, welcome to the hobby :)
Many of us on here are ex-arachnophobes but are now addicted to these fascinating creatures :rolleyes:
I got into the hobby through my son who'd wanted one since his teens but I refused to have one in the house, eventually he talked me round and I got hooked too.
My favourite T has to be my Poecilotheria metallica, she was my second T and has been with me 5 years next week. I've watched her grow from a 0.75" sling into the big beautiful 6" girl she is now.

Hi Brandy, welcome to the hobby :)
Many of us on here are ex-arachnophobes but are now addicted to these fascinating creatures :rolleyes:
I got into the hobby through my son who'd wanted one since his teens but I refused to have one in the house, eventually he talked me round and I got hooked too.
My favourite T has to be my Poecilotheria metallica, she was my second T and has been with me 5 years next week. I've watched her grow from a 0.75" sling into the big beautiful 6" girl she is now.
I guess I really shouldn't be surprised she likes them she loves the ants too! I would love to get a P.metallica one day. I haven't seen any for sale near me and I'm not sure about ordering one online yet, as I have no clue as to whos reputable and whos not. Plus shipping looks like it will be a pain at the moment, Colorados weather is so Bi-polar lol. All I need is to miss the dang shipment and with my luck void my LAG :( I work mornings and most places I looked at shipments are Tuesdays when I'm at work. I'm thinking if I can get my current T rehoused and comfy, research everything I can about P.Metallica's so I feel confident in caring for one, then In july maybe I'll treat myself to one for my birthday!

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hiya welcome to the forum :):T:
I'm sure you will be adding many more wonderful Ts to your collection very soon...;)
My Favourite Ts are in my name..Brachypelmas!
my first T was A Brachypelma Hamorii called percy when I was 7yrs old,ive always been fascinated with all kinds of animals-I now have many Ts I never expected to but you soon learn its very addictive!:D

Avicularia Kael

CF51FB14-6B93-42A7-ACCF-147AF06B2FE0.jpeg
Hi and welcome. My favorite is my Avicularia avicularia, Luna.

Tnoob

If you're ordering online, the vender I hear the most positive reviews from is palp friction. I've found my two T's at the pet store. I'll have them in 2 days. Stay frosty.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
"Frosty" is actually an excellent way to be. Especially with such vilified, hated, misunderstood and reviled animals. They're very basic, and a keeper has to be as well.

Latest posts