• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie with a 1 1/2" LP

SpiderDaniel

3 Year Member
Hey, My name's Daniel and I'm a newbie to tarantula keeping! I recently picked up a 1 and a half inch Lasiodora Parahybana. It's too early to tell but I'm hoping for a girl because they live longer, although I'd be happy with either. I gave her more substrate (second pic) on the advice of a friend who keeps tarantulas and shes burrowing happily. Just about gave me a heart attack when I couldn't see her but she was just digging. I named her Hot Pants and I couldn't be happier with her. The third pic is when I brought her home from Twin Cities Reptiles. I think she's taking the crickets I've given her but I have yet to see her eat.
IMG_6685.JPG IMG_6689.JPG IMG_6597.JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Daniel, welcome to the hobby. An LP is a great choice, easy to keep and very fast growing, enjoy her but be warned she will be the first of many :).

Latest posts