• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie to the forum, but not so new to the hobby (-:

SweetheartXR

Hi everyone,
Name's XR or Sweetheart (except if we have to make shipping arrangements haha), I'm past my 20s but not over 27.
I own a pair of C. cyaneopubescens (1.1) and a pair of M. balfouri (1.1 as well), seeking to maybe get another M. balfouri of the same size to make a small communal, but we'll see about that.
I sing in my free time, was an experimental european techno DJ and producer before COVID and I'm concentrating on my Ts and caridina shrimp right now (I love aquariums too). Speak English (MT) French (1stL), German (fluent) and some basic Japanese and Chinese due to heritage (-:

I've heard about a lot of great reviews about people selling here, I'd be happy to talk with them. Online buying is impossible in Switzerland (receiving them per mail is totally fine though), and there are like 5 people that really sell Ts, and they all sell maybe 7 kinds each, often no males.

Anyway, I didn't know forums were still active nowadays, amazing !
If you have anyone to recommend from EU or UK who would be willing to ship to CH, mention me or them here,
Lots of love,

Sweetheart

SweetheartXR

Totally forgot to mention I've got a bunch of different slings, about 15 at the moment.
I'm currently interested by C. versicolor, P. machala and H. devamata. But I love all Ts, anyway.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi and welcome to the forum :)
I think there's fat bobs exotics and spiderstore.de who are both in Europe and will probably ship to you?
I'm not sure what sellers that are based here in the UK will ship to Switzerland?
Sorry I can't be of more help :)

SweetheartXR

Totally forgot to mention I've got a bunch of different slings, about 15 at the moment.
I'm currently interested by C. versicolor, P. machala and H. devamata. But I love all Ts, anyway.
Uhh, those obviously aren't my only Ts and I've got a M balfouri pair, which I would like to make a communal out of, but I'll make a thread about if you can make a communal after already having balfouris in place

SweetheartXR

Hi and welcome to the forum :)
I think there's fat bobs exotics and spiderstore.de who are both in Europe and will probably ship to you?
I'm not sure what sellers that are based here in the UK will ship to Switzerland?
Sorry I can't be of more help :)
Hey, thanks for the info ! I think spiderstore.de does not ship to Switzerland. I think that was the issue, not sure anymore.
But yes, UK businesses and breeders usually do ship to Switzerland but I'm not familiar with most of them except for CFTN and another one I haven't got off the top of my head.
Will definitely check Fat Bob's exotics, have never heard of him, thank you so much !

And really thank you for the warm welcome, as warm as the heat rocks one should totally not use hahaha

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hello and welcome to the family. If you have not tried them already I think spidershop.pl and spiderworld.eu both ship throughout europe. May not be the best time of year for shipping due to cold weather and your country is renowned for its skiing so guess it needs to be cold for snow to stick. ha ha

SweetheartXR

hello and welcome to the family. If you have not tried them already I think spidershop.pl and spiderworld.eu both ship throughout europe. May not be the best time of year for shipping due to cold weather and your country is renowned for its skiing so guess it needs to be cold for snow to stick. ha ha
Haha, well it isnt especially cold right now, I am talking about 15deg Celsius, I live at the bottom of mountains, with a microclimate too ! It really depends on whther you live in a valley, in a flat area, a hole or on a mountain (and especially which side of the mountain), some places dont even have snow any time of the year, but other places can go down to -20deg C. That's why ski places are in very specific areas, usually above 1500m if you wanna ski early in December.
It is sadly becoming more and more rare as well due to global warming and our glaciers are suffering from it as well.

I've talked way too much about snow in Switzerland sorry haha, greatest apologies...I guess I was sort of flustered to be talking to the one and only @Phil, I've been lurking and you're great man, keep it up !

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haha, well it isnt especially cold right now, I am talking about 15deg Celsius, I live at the bottom of mountains, with a microclimate too ! It really depends on whther you live in a valley, in a flat area, a hole or on a mountain (and especially which side of the mountain), some places dont even have snow any time of the year, but other places can go down to -20deg C. That's why ski places are in very specific areas, usually above 1500m if you wanna ski early in December.
It is sadly becoming more and more rare as well due to global warming and our glaciers are suffering from it as well.

I've talked way too much about snow in Switzerland sorry haha, greatest apologies...I guess I was sort of flustered to be talking to the one and only @Phil, I've been lurking and you're great man, keep it up !
ha ha, thank you for your very kind words. It's always nice when people have something positive to say. Negativity eats away at people and is not healthy or constructive. There are other sites that thrive on that type if behaviour but for the most part, you will not usually see it here.

Hope you are able to find some new furry friends to add to your collection and share your experience (and photos as we live photos here) soon.

Have a great day :)

drueed

Hi Folks !

Being from Switzerland as well i thought i could dig up this thread.
Having experienced shipping from Spiderworld.eu both to Switzerland and nearby France i'd say that if you can have the animals ship to an EU country and then going there yourself it's gonna be way faster and thus better for the spiders.
As we Swiss are not part of the EU there is no fast shipping available for live animals. It's gonna come trough postal mail. They often happily let the package rot in customs for days so expect casualties.

There is some nice sellers with a quite nice array of species and often males but they may be tricky to find online.
Hit me up if you want adresses.

Cheers !