• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New world Suggestions

regalis

So I'm looking for a new world 'pet rock'. Something that will always be on display for when my niece and nephew come to look at my bug room.

I want something colourful BUT...... not the same old red/ orange and black

I have no idea about new world pet rocks so any ideas would be appreciated :)

regalis

A Chalcodes is what instantly springs to mind. Not the most colourful thou. Gbb is another option for colourful and on display but by no means a pet rock.
I have a gbb but it's a while off yet..... :D

Attachments

• 20200310_223321.jpg
    20200310_223321.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 16

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well you've ruled out most of the brachys (definitely pet rocks!) as you don't want black and orange which is a shame...
As I would have said hamorii but instead I'd go for a phormictopus.. Big beautiful Ts although not the prettiest make up for it with feeding response and attitude :)

regalis

Well you've ruled out most of the brachys (definitely pet rocks!) as you don't want black and orange which is a shame...
As I would have said hamorii but instead I'd go for a phormictopus.. Big beautiful Ts although not the prettiest make up for it with feeding response and attitude :)
Grammostola pulchripes.... would that be classed as a pet rock?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Grammostola pulchripes.... would that be classed as a pet rock?
Yes.. Get one! :D lol.. One of our favourites for sure.. Any Grammy(except the rosea) over an 1"half will be out and about, bags of personality and great to watch - never mentioned them as not the most colourful definitely a real favourite :)

regalis

I just dont feel the whole orange and black thing. It's like instantly what I think of when I hear new world. It makes me :rolleyes: (sorry if I upset any new world fans lol).

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Eupalaestrus campestratus
Pterinopelma sazimai
Acanthoscurria geniculata

I’m a big big fan of E Campestratus but good luck finding one with any size to it. Even if you do they don’t tend to sit out much (only at night from what mine is like) are very pretty thou even thou they are quite small.

regalis

I'm having trouble finding the right rock. They just dont give me the tingle that I get from o/w :D I'm just used to big, fast t's that want to kill you from above lol

Джо

So I'm looking for a new world 'pet rock'. Something that will always be on display for when my niece and nephew come to look at my bug room.

Think of a Brazilian White Knee.

Marc Eddison

How about going for a xenesthis sp blue .... beautiful colours new world not your normal average orange or black some amazing colours will need to get at least at 10 cm as some of the xenesthis species can grow huge...!! But can also come with a huge price tag