• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New True Spiders

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Summer seems to be rapidly coming to an end. So, I added a few more true spiders to the collection today:
Green Lynx Spider (adult) Peucetia viridans
Rabid Wolf Spider Rabidosa rabida
Daring Jumping Spider Phidipus audax
Apache Jumping Spider Phidipus apacheanus
Regal Jumping Spider Phidipus regius
Spitting Spider Scytodes thoracica

All of these are awesome spiders in their own right. Would encourage any advanced T keeper to add a true spider or three to their collections.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
We have several different kinds of jumping spiders inside the house and out. My 5-year-old brother loves them, he's been greatly influenced by me. ;) Rabid wolf spiders, too...those are cool! My personal favorite though is the Black and Yellow Argiope (scientific name escapes me).

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Love love love jumpers and wolfies. They were how I got started in the spider world. Scorpions were my first arachnids, then got into trues and then had to get T's. Tbh I found rehousing most true spiders more difficult than T's lol the intelligence and excellent vision of jumpers makes them tricky to work with.

Latest posts