• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the hobby!

Just_jessie666

Hey everyone! I'm Jessie, a barista from Los Angeles. I've been lurking for a while now and some of you have encouraged other people to introduce themselves here so here I am as well! I have about a month with my GBB and I'm really excited to see it grow and share my experience with you guys. I'm really looking forward to what you can all teach me and read your stories!
Here's a video I'd like to share of my GBB munching on a dubia

setsunadiava

Uhhh I have an Acanthoscurria geniculata! I got her a little over a week ago, and I’ve had an Eresus walckenaeri for about a month now. And I had an Adanson’s jumping house spider for a year , she’s why I got into arachnids.

Attachments

• F862F309-C309-4DA2-BD31-27B7C133DD94.jpeg
    F862F309-C309-4DA2-BD31-27B7C133DD94.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • 9DDD4CE8-BF37-40A2-A514-507A7041D9D9.jpeg
    9DDD4CE8-BF37-40A2-A514-507A7041D9D9.jpeg
    628.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 147EED04-2E44-4360-93A7-CD73895C1248.jpeg
    147EED04-2E44-4360-93A7-CD73895C1248.jpeg
    703.1 KB · Views: 8

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey everyone! I'm Jessie, a barista from Los Angeles. I've been lurking for a while now and some of you have encouraged other people to introduce themselves here so here I am as well! I have about a month with my GBB and I'm really excited to see it grow and share my experience with you guys. I'm really looking forward to what you can all teach me and read your stories!
Here's a video I'd like to share of my GBB munching on a dubia
View attachment 65965

Hello and welcome to the hobby :)

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
She’s such a cutie but she has been driving me insane or maybe I’m driving her insane, with my absolute lack of care and husbandry knowledge
I think you are doing fine with her care.

You both are exploring something new, her the new surroundings and you with your new T . But like your T, you will settle in making adjustments along the way. I still get anxious when something different happens but it eases.

setsunadiava

I think you are doing fine with her care.

You both are exploring something new, her the new surroundings and you with your new T . But like your T, you will settle in making adjustments along the way. I still get anxious when something different happens but it eases.
You are very kind, thank you. :3

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Oh and welcome Just_jessie666,

This is a great place to get information, hang out, and I think a lot of us like posting pics/ videos and seeing posts of other arachnids and such.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome! Nice to meet you and your little critter! :)

Latest posts