• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the hobby

Shan1328

Hi there, I’m new to the hobby, I now own 4 slings we did have 7 but a couple didn’t make it…the one that was the hardest to part with was my smiths….I had been watching my Smithi due to upcoming molt, one morning I opened my smithies enclosure lid not knowing it had just molted and I must of spooked it when I went to fill up the dish, and it fell, and to add to this story….my smithi was my slowest moving tarantula, but on this day it had to be my fastest moving tarantula because he ran to his death. It flew out of the enclosure spooked and it was so fast I had no time to react. It wasn’t a very long fall, off my end table and it flipped over after the fall and climbed back on the lid and seemed fine. By morning it had died….I actually cried I had grown attached to it. I’ve been very upset ever since so I wanted to find others who have adopted some T’s other beginners as well some with a lot of knowledge to learn more and hoping I don’t make mistakes and lose anymore of my little buddies! So this is a perfect group to learn and I’m glad I found you all! I’m adopting a grammastola polchra next week, I finally found a sling. If anyone sees this and knows any breeders in Canada or who ship to Canada please let me know I’m having a hard time finding anyone and there’s a few I would like to add to my collection still Thank you

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum , sorry for your loss but don't beat yourself up about we all make mistakes . There are lot of knowledgeable keepers on this forum that point you in the right direction on care and what to do .

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome to the hobby. :)
I'm sorry for your loss but you mustn't feel too bad as some slings are just not meant to survive.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome, thanks for the intro.
It's sad when spiders pass, which does happen, but it's not the norm.
Looking forward to your posts and pictures!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
GifMeme 26012022220844.gif

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome to the forums! Post up some pictures of your spiders whenever you get the opportunity!

Latest posts