• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the forums

Itchyhands805

3 Year Member
New to the forums and adding my first spider from a member on here soon. I live in Southern California and have always been into animals. When I was younger, I was really into reptiles and had a collection I’d say somewhere near 150 animals. Married now with kids and getting my step daughter 9 and my daughter 2, into animals more. We currently have 2 cats, a rose breasted ****atoo, and a bearded dragon. All which are completely spoiled. The 2 year old has taken a liking to inverts. My brother in his pre kids days used to have a nice tarantula collection of around 45 different spiders and he has a few left over. My kids are always wanting to check them out, mainly looking. So I convinced my wife we should get one!!! It took some convincing and now I’m working her on a Dubia colony. So I really wanted a female Chaco Golden Knee as our first spider and I placed my order for one! Excited to get her hopefully this week and looking forward to seeing my families faces when she gets here.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome! Im sure the family will get enthused once they see the tiny furry spider , they're hard to resist! Rose breasted ****atoo is what you call galahs right? Pink body , light grey wings back and tail? One of my favourite parrots, truly the most cuddly of them all.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome to the hobby. I'm sure your family will soon fall in love with your new addition and be wanting more.:).
Just remember we require photos once it arrives.

Itchyhands805

3 Year Member
Welcome! Im sure the family will get enthused once they see the tiny furry spider , they're hard to resist! Rose breasted ****atoo is what you call galahs right? Pink body , light grey wings back and tail? One of my favourite parrots, truly the most cuddly of them all.
Yep he’s a Galah! He’s a goofball and the most gentle bird you’d ever meet. Brings a lot of fun times to our house.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yep he’s a Galah! He’s a goofball and the most gentle bird you’d ever meet. Brings a lot of fun times to our house.
They are clowns even in the wild, always hanging upside down by one foot or doing something silly. It's not hard to see where the phrase "Silly bl..dy Galah" came from. :)

Latest posts