• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the forums

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
Hello fellow tarantula hobbyists. I'll admit I'm fairly new to the hobby (only tarantula ever owned was a rose hair) but I spend lots of time watching youtube videos on tarantulas and next month I'll be getting three new tarantulas from lllreptile. I plan on getting two pink toes and a indian ornamental. I'm very nervous about the ornamental but I've always ben fascinated by them.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the forum :). As long as you are aware of your Ts capabilities and always treat them with respect you should do fine. I give just one tip, buy some long tongs for clearing out rubbish.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to TF :) Just keep cool and focused with the pokie, you'll do fine. Be aware, they do teleport...I've never intentionally held one of my Poecilotheria, but I've had both of them on me..:D

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
thanks for the replies and I actually have a 18'' set of tongs for basic maintenance I hope that gives me a decent reach.. and as far as handling the indian ornamental I never plan on handling it but as time goes by I have a feeling I'll have it jump on me unannounced.. I just hope when that time comes I wont struggle to get it back in it's enclosure and based upon videos I've watched I sure hope I don't get a bite from it

Latest posts