• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the forum - would like some help!

The Masked Shadow

I went to the SD zoo yesterday and they had a Ambpygi labeled as ‘African Whip Scorpion’. I was able to see the habitat the kept them in. They had 3 in there though.
5E7259CB-C00F-401D-A5CD-2DEF18606419.jpeg

Anon

I went to the SD zoo yesterday and they had a Ambpygi labeled as ‘African Whip Scorpion’. I was able to see the habitat the kept them in. They had 3 in there though.View attachment 66646
Yeah they may be communal if they are Damon Diadema, however most of the T whips imported into the U.S. rn are Damon Medius which is not communal. (Tanzania apparently stopped importing them for some reason). Also, beware that your T whips may not be the most "visible" depending on how you set up the enclosure. Mine always hides in the back or in the cork bark during day and only comes out when at night. However, if you want a more visible setup, you can use a Rubbermaid container, cut out a piece on the top, and add a vent/ small bit of screen for ventilation, and superglue a piece of styrofoam onto the side.

1654886820841.png

Credit:

Albireo Wulfbooper from arachnoboards​

Latest posts