• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to Tarantulas ..

May Farm Pet

3 Year Member
WE Finally got 3 legal species in Maine, Been wanting to keep and Breed Tarantulas for over 30 years .. I have been reading and researching since my interest first peeked .. But I am sure I will have lots of question in the near future ..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome. You must be so excited to finally be able to keep Ts legally and you've found the right place to get any questions answered. :)

May Farm Pet

3 Year Member
Yes .. its only 3 species but better then none .. what we can now keep are Grammostola pulchra Brazilian Black Tarantula, Grammostola pulchripes Chaco Golden Knee Tarantula and Grammostola rosea Chilean Rose Tarantula. I have found The Golden knee and have a bunch of spiderlings coming next week .. the other 2 species I have not seen listed any where ..

May Farm Pet

3 Year Member
Metalman .. Maine is one of the worse state we have an unrestricted list of what we can have with out permits .. 10 pages of it is fish the other 7 pages are everything else .. you can get permits if your lucky for some species but the requirements make it not worth the doing ..

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Crazy8s inverts are selling 1.5inch G. Pulchra slings for $65. K8inverts.com.
G. Pulchripes is a great choice. A beautiful gentle giant that, if female, can live for 20 years.
Welcome to TF.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Great! Excellent price. We will help where we can, but if your husbandry skills are half as good as your buying skills, you'll be giving us help.

May Farm Pet

3 Year Member
its all about having connections as to Husbandry skills that is common sense and lots of research .. I am trying to plan a head for winter .. it gets mighty cold here and we often lose power ..

Latest posts