• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to tarantulas and getting prepared

Ello it’s Ellen

Got 2 new Herpcult 6”x 3” x 3” enclosures. Going to be getting 2 starter T’s in about a month for my birthday! fast shipping and great condition

87C6B495-C205-4B1E-AFB5-4E9E7D30FEA4.jpeg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ello, Ellen :T:
Welcome!

Congrats in advance!
What are you getting?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
GBB are as food as semi arboreal when small. Give them some anchor points (plastic plants, pieces of cork etc) and they will be happy as Larry and lay down a lot of web for you :)

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Going to be filling them up with lots of coco fiber don’t worry they’ll work for small guys
Hi
With too deep substrate it is possible (not set in stone but happens) the little ones to go deep and close burrow or not want to come up for food regularly .That can effectively set them back growth wise.With tarantulas and especially slings(they moult often and sometimes eat right up to a moult)is not recommended to force live pray down the burrow as if is moulting can get hurt(killed).
I have Phormictopus auratus that since the rehouse and providing hide burrowed in 1 inch of substrate expanded the burrow with second entrance then ate 1 time closed both ends off and never saw it again.
Luckily these are very food motivated and when put feeder in it opens to grab it and when is done with the meal closes shop again.
Regards Konstantin

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to TF! Good decision to get some spiders for your birthday! I like that...
:beer:

Latest posts