• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to here :)

SullivanC

Hello I am new to this site I wish I joined here before but I thought arachnoboards was the only place that existed. I had so much problems with the members in arachnoboards (not trying to bring the drama here) but I heard nothing but good things about here lately so I wanted to join :) I know I am not the only person that has bad experience with the arachnoboards but thankfully we can have better time here since members are probably better here :) I like all types of spiders and looking forward to chat with people here

SullivanC

Hello and welcome. :)
Yes, you'll find us friendly and helpful here.
Thank you so much :) the problem with their attitude is if a person is beginner and these guys get angry at every question so they cant learn something that is important about tarantula's care or if they feel like this is how everybody in hobby is they may even give up on the idea to keep tarantulas. These guys put bad reputation to our hobby

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Our view is that we have all been beginners at some point and we need to pass on the things we have learnt along the way either from our own experience or advice from those here with even more experience.
Personally I will try to answer any questions asked but if I've not got the answer I will call on someone who has.
Enjoy your time here and remember we love to see photos of your collection.

SullivanC

My favorite species is p.murinus the obt :) I see that you like them too they are very beautiful species but have a bad reputation sadly, do you like giving them semi arboreal setup or terrestrial with plenty of substrate so they can burrow if they choose to? You are right everyone was a beginner at one point but those people with bad attitude act like they never were beginner

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I love OBTs. The one in my avatar was my first ever T and she never gave me any sign of that reputed bad attitude. Sadly she passed on and my next, just a sling, got stuck in a moult but number 3 is growing well and I will very soon move it to its permanent home.
I keep them as semi arboreal. My first webbed a tunnel the full height of a 12"x12"x18" ExoTerra with 3 entry points, 2 at the bottom where she'd throw out her rubbish every couple of months and 1 at the top where she'd sit on a web platform and watch the world go by. The web was decorated by pieces of her moults both inside and out.
Many people here have had similar experiences with Arachnoboards including myself.

MattB78

Thank you so much :) the problem with their attitude is if a person is beginner and these guys get angry at every question so they cant learn something that is important about tarantula's care or if they feel like this is how everybody in hobby is they may even give up on the idea to keep tarantulas. These guys put bad reputation to our hobby
Yep, kinda got that impression too. But the scorpion side was very helpful.

SullivanC

Yep, kinda got that impression too. But the scorpion side was very helpful.
People in arachnoboards are not really the best people to ask questions even if they know what they are talking about because the attitude they give you after asking the question is just not worth knowing the answer. Thankfully channels like Tom's big spiders (Tom Moran) exist so you can learn everything you need to from there instead

nellyitchabelly

Hello I am new to this site I wish I joined here before but I thought arachnoboards was the only place that existed. I had so much problems with the members in arachnoboards (not trying to bring the drama here) but I heard nothing but good things about here lately so I wanted to join :) I know I am not the only person that has bad experience with the arachnoboards but thankfully we can have better time here since members are probably better here :) I like all types of spiders and looking forward to chat with people here
Welcome I'm new here too and hoping to learn a lot

SullivanC

I am totally new to tarantulas so new and old world does not mean anything to me I know there's new and old world chimpanzees and monkeys and gorillas but I'm hoping to learn cuz I want to get a dwarf tarantula
If there is any question you have please feel free to ask me, I would like to answer your questions as much as I can :) but if I dont know the answer I would just allow someone else to answer for me :) there are some dwarf tarantulas yes but are you looking for fast dwarf or something that is slower?

Tn tarantula

First off welcome I'm kinda new here myself everyone here has very helpful and is great to talk to

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
And there are good people on Arachnoboards too. I believe that they really do care about tarantulas and other inverts.

I am not excusing them, well maybe a little, but I think that some get frustrated at what seems to be an ever present and increasing problem with people buying animals on the spur of the moment.

I don't mean to agitate anyone, well maybe a little, but caring for a T is not something you should learn spur of the moment. Same with beta fish or goldfish. You can learn some things as you go, but the basics need to be in place before getting it home.

To be honest, I cringe when I see a thread topic with the something like " I know nothing about taratulas, but just got one, please help."

And I am thinking that is what prompts the heated response from some on Arachoboards.

I worry that we are becoming more of a disposable society. Disposable underwear I can understand ( still a burden on the environment) but not animals.

Latest posts