• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New tarantula owner

Nastyjabs

3 Year Member
Hey guys! So I went to a reptile show in Pasadena, CA this past weekend and picked up a couple tarantulas. I've never owned tarantulas before but I've wanted to get one as a pet. After begging and pleading with my wife she finally caved and let me buy one...so naturally I bought two, lol. I pretty much knew what I wanted and ended up with two Arizona Blonds(Aphonopelma Chalcodes). I originally wanted one but the breeder offered me a second smaller one for an extra $10...I couldn't say no to that! Anyways, they're both absolute sweethearts and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. My wife's initial reaction when she saw them was "You couldn't get a pretty colorful one?"(she's crazy, they're gorgeous) lucky for me she's warmed up to them and actually wants to get more! SCORE! Oh btw, since they're Blonds ones named Marilyn and the other is Monroe.
DSC_1210.JPG
DSC_1210.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_1197.JPG
    DSC_1197.JPG
    978.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Redacted

3 Year Member
Hey guys! So I went to a reptile show in Pasadena, CA this past weekend and picked up a couple tarantulas. I've never owned tarantulas before but I've wanted to get one as a pet. After begging and pleading with my wife she finally caved and let me buy one...so naturally I bought two, lol. I pretty much knew what I wanted and ended up with two Arizona Blonds(Aphonopelma Chacodes). I originally wanted one but the breeder offered me a second smaller one for an extra $10...I couldn't say no to that! Anyways, they're both absolute sweethearts and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. My wife's initial reaction when she saw them was "You couldn't get a pretty colorful one?"(she's crazy, they're gorgeous) lucky for me she's warmed up to them and actually wants to get more! SCORE! Oh btw, since they're Blonds ones named Marilyn and the other is Monroe. View attachment 20363 View attachment 20363
I have two female chalcodes. I love them. Nice purchases. Now, new species!

Nastyjabs

3 Year Member
I have two female chalcodes. I love them. Nice purchases. Now, new species!
Thank you! I've already done sooo much research on different Ts and I think I might have my next couple species narrowed down. I really like the Curly Hair(how could you not?) Brazilian Black and the Costa Rican Zebra.

Redacted

3 Year Member
Thank you! I've already done sooo much research on different Ts and I think I might have my next couple species narrowed down. I really like the Curly Hair(how could you not?) Brazilian Black and the Costa Rican Zebra.
I have the first two of the three!

Nastyjabs

3 Year Member
I'm gonna fly in and recommend an A.Genic! :D
Cool I'll be sure to check that species out! There's another reptile show(world's largest supposedly) here Jan 7-8th which will most likely be when we get more Ts. So I got a couple months to decide...of course that could all go out the window when I get there and see what they have to offer lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi, welcome to the addiction, it sounds as though you're already well on the way :). A look through the media on here and you'll soon find loads to tempt you.

Redacted

3 Year Member
For sale?
If I had extra, I'd sell to you for cheap gladly but I'm keeping them for hopeful breeding stock with adults I have.

HOWEVER! My buddy Joe Iacuzzi I bet still has some left. He's a good guy. PM me, and I'll give you his contact info if you'd like.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If I had extra, I'd sell to you for cheap gladly but I'm keeping them for hopeful breeding stock with adults I have.

HOWEVER! My buddy Joe Iacuzzi I bet still has some left. He's a good guy. PM me, and I'll give you his contact info if you'd like.
Awesome hun thanks.

Latest posts