• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New tarantula mom

sch1z0k1tty

Hii, I just started collecting tarantulas. I currently have an a.avic (pinktoe) named Onyx (unsexed), and a t. Albopilosus (curly hair) female named Celeste. I make my own enclosures and breed crickets n other feeders. I’m currently a member on arachnoboards. Just hoping to be as informed as i possibly can be with all the misinformation out there. So happy to see fellow tarantula lovers come together to help each other out. I’ve already checked out some very interesting discussions on here, and everyone seems friendly so far. Hope you’re all enjoying your weekend!! Attached are a pic of Onyx enjoying a mealworm, and Celeste waving to y’all after a drink.

Attachments

• 9B67D1B1-4D50-45DD-BF1F-E778FF94B7D9.jpeg
    9B67D1B1-4D50-45DD-BF1F-E778FF94B7D9.jpeg
    866.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 89438220-8097-433B-A328-7665D7411CC2.jpeg
    89438220-8097-433B-A328-7665D7411CC2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome to the forum/family.
This is a very helpful, friendly forum and we love tarantulas’ moms here :)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So lovely to meet you all! Im overwhelmed with joy, I didnt get nearly half the hellos and welcomes from members on the other forum lol
I'm glad you found your welcome here so, welcoming :D

If you don't mind me asking, assuming you posted there looking for advice, how long did it take before you got some negative criticism at the other forum?

sch1z0k1tty

A couple of minutes after my first post... and it wasn’t so much negative criticism, although there are a couple of “arachnoGods” on there that were pretty rude -.- but it was more the lack of constructive criticism that pushed me to look for another forum. There were some awesome people there offering great advice, but mostly it was the same rude person being the first or the only to comment and not really offering any advice lol basically seemed they wanted to let us know that they know more and made it seem like their way is the only way. Commenting what they would do without explaining why or giving one worded answers and then noticeably being upset (using caps/exclamation points, snarky remarks) when asked to elaborate or give more advice lol maybe im just sensitive.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Unfortunately, that's pretty much par for the course and most people experience something like that fairly quickly.

in all reality, there's so much information available online today, and most of it is 70% accurate, so there's almost no excuse for not doing research before asking questions...

That being said, we're glad to have you :T:

AdamG

A couple of minutes after my first post... and it wasn’t so much negative criticism, although there are a couple of “arachnoGods” on there that were pretty rude -.- but it was more the lack of constructive criticism that pushed me to look for another forum. There were some awesome people there offering great advice, but mostly it was the same rude person being the first or the only to comment and not really offering any advice lol basically seemed they wanted to let us know that they know more and made it seem like their way is the only way. Commenting what they would do without explaining why or giving one worded answers and then noticeably being upset (using caps/exclamation points, snarky remarks) when asked to elaborate or give more advice lol maybe im just sensitive.
Don't worry. There's a lot of people over there who take 10,000+ posts on a forum as attaining God like status.

When they ascend to this level, the time when they were a beginner and had questions they'd prefer to discuss with an actual human is wiped from their memory and replaced with a sense that being snarky to people on the internet is a personality trait. An addiction to proving how 'cool' they are by adding another totally non-helpful post to a thread they weren't forced to read can also develop.

I've found people over here much more helpful and friendly. Glad to meet you!

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So lovely to meet you all! Im overwhelmed with joy, I didnt get nearly half the hellos and welcomes from members on the other forum lol
Hi and welcome to the group :)
That other forum has a bad rep for being unfriendly and unhelpful that's why we banish unwanted members over there :)
This forum is always helpful and welcoming to all members :) glad to have you here

Latest posts