• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new T. stirmi 5" ?

Male or female?

• Male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NukaMedia Exotics

3 Year Member
pretty ****ty photos I know but can anyone tell the gender?

Attachments

• IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    521.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0196.JPG
    525.4 KB · Views: 55

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree on the pictures an i am terrible at vent sexing, so hopefully someone else can help like @Enn49

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sell, trade or loan him....males can grow your collection. I've bought many males cheap and flip them for way more in trade than I had originally invested. You can get around 40-50 slings on a breed loan if you find the right person.

NukaMedia Exotics

3 Year Member
Sell, trade or loan him....males can grow your collection. I've bought many males cheap and flip them for way more in trade than I had originally invested. You can get around 40-50 slings on a breed loan if you find the right person.
You bought them cheap then sold them as adults or you traded them for more valuable Ts? I paid $100 for the T including shipping btw.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
You bought them cheap then sold them as adults or you traded them for more valuable Ts? I paid $100 for the T including shipping btw.

There are multiple ways to go. You could trade him now to a breeder for a couple/ few spiderlings.

The other way to do it is called a breeding loan. Once it matures you put an add out saying you want to do a breeding loan. A breeder takes your male and breeds it with his/ her female and you get half of the sac.

The other way would be to sell him outright when he matures.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just like @Metalman2004 said...
I've done breeding loans for half the sack...rarely do I get him back, but sometimes.
I've traded for a couple juvies and slings of other species... I dont have to wait for the sac to hatch. Also if he gets munched its not my problem...:cool:
I've just sold out right also...depends on how bad the breeder wants a male on how much they will pay??
I'd pay a 100 for a mature male...not a unreasonable price.
Put a add in the forum classifieds and see what happens...;)

NukaMedia Exotics

3 Year Member
I've done breeding loans for half the sack...rarely do I get him back, but sometimes.
I've traded for a couple juvies and slings of other species... I dont have to wait for the sac to hatch. Also if he gets munched its not my problem...:cool:
I've just sold out right also...depends on how bad the breeder wants a male on how much they will pay??
Definitely appreciate your input I'll think about those suggestions. I probably won't sell it yet as I've been wanting a T. stirmi for a long time and even though its a male its still good size.

NukaMedia Exotics

3 Year Member
How do I know when he matures if you don't mind me asking? Any easy telltale signs?

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh snap!!! Sorry @Mvtt70. I would never second guess Arachnoclown. He’s a stud. I had no idea T. stirmi males got so big!!! I guess your penultimate molt may be a ways away.

Latest posts