• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New slings

scottydog1983

3 Year Member
yesterday I became the proud owner of a Venezuelan sun tiger and salmon pink birdeater and was just after experienced people with advice on when it is good to change from critter box to Viv s when it is good to start handling and how often to feed and clean them out I've dome a bit of reading up but all advice helps

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi, welcome to the hobby.:)
Could you give us an idea of their size and if you can post some photos of your tarantulas and their present containers it will be easier for people to advise you.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I love the new additions...however handling a Psalmopoeus irminia isn't a very smart thing. They're extremely defensive, fast, and quick to bite. Even though their a new world species their venom is quite strong. I've had many in my collection and I would rather handle most pokies than a suntiger. Just my opinion...if that's your wish then so be it. Post some pics of your new Ts and we can answer your questions.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi there and welcome, adore psalmo's, but agree with @Arachnoclown on handling them.
Sooooo, pictures please, we have no idea the size or set ups to advise you about ^.~

here, so we are all on the same page with things :)
Psalmopoeus irminia, also known as the Venezuelan suntiger or psalmo
Lasiodora parahybana, the Brazilian salmon pink bird-eating tarantula, also known as the salmon pink or LP

Last edited:

scottydog1983

3 Year Member

Attachments

• 20180414_221807.jpg
    20180414_221807.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lasiodora species are great tarantulas but are not handleable, which is a good thing. Even if the tarantula had the temperment for it, the urticating hairs are horrific. The feeding response is so powerful that they think everything is food, including you.

Deadly tarantula girl has a video she did on P irminia in which she tries to work with multiple specimens with highly entertaining results!!

Latest posts