• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Slings Help

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
I got 6 new sling 2 I'm not worried about what to feed them there 3/4 to 1inch. But the other 4 are a lot smaller than what I expected like A 1/4 to maybe a half inch what should I feed these little guys

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@AndrewBush89. Hi. I would try your smallest ones on flightless fruit flys..
The ones about an inch should take small pre killed crickets..
I sometimes feed my small ones. Micro crickets between 1-3mm.
Hope that helps :)
What slings did you go for??
Sym

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
Huge help any advice at all is welcomed my h. Gigas and my LP salmon pink birdeater are just so small it shocked me there supposed to be the 2 largest as adults out of what I got. I also got a G. Rosea , 1 obt and 2 B. Albopilosums

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@AndrewBush89 .. I wouldn't worry about your LP. It's will be your biggest in a few month. I've 1@7 inch plus. And I received a freebie @ 3/4cm the other day when I placed an order..
Good luck with the OBT lol ;)
You will like your curlys:)

Any pics ?

Sym

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym Yep, I fancied a change and thought Culli deserved a turn. I really ought to put Enn on though.

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
I don't have pics yet they are so small I don't know if my phone will take decent enough pics to do them justice I got them from tbreeders.com was extremely happy with Jason's service I ordered yesterday at 5am they got to my house at 11am they all look healthy. I already like the obt it already got I nice little web started in front of its hide I can't wait for it to start showing its attitude. ;)

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
The curly's were more for my son but I think there pretty neat. The h. Gigas I thought was pretty cool cause supposibly they can swim. Then the g.rosea was to replace one of the two I got at a pet store that wasn't doing good.

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
Well all the ones I can find are still doing great but my H. Gigas I think mad a escape through the air hole in the container I had it in dang it I'm not happy

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had that happen with a tiny sling but luckily the sling containers were inside an ExoTerra terrarium so I found it in the corner of that. It may be just hiding of course, when they're really small they can almost literally disappear into the substrate.

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
Yay!!!! My g.rosea sling is molting already this is my first molt ever what should I be cautious of. I'm still very new my first t was store bought and I've had it for only 3 weeks or so its bigger though

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yay!!!! My g.rosea sling is molting already this is my first molt ever what should I be cautious of. I'm still very new my first t was store bought and I've had it for only 3 weeks or so its bigger though

Congrats on your first moult. The best thing you can do is leave it to get on with moulting in peace, I know it's hard as you want to watch.

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
I did in fact leave it alone it looks well and healthy today I was surprised it molted only 2 days after being rehoused and shipped half way across the country

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
I'm happy to say that all my slings are doing great minus the h. Gigas which escaped for sure went through its encloser very slowly no T. But on a brighter note all the others are eating great. my g.rosea hasn't since it molted Saturday but its healthy. my salmon pink even managed to take down a pin head cricket that I thought was fully pre killed but it started to move in its encloser :D

PamCz

3 Year Member
I'm happy to say that all my slings are doing great minus the h. Gigas which escaped for sure went through its encloser very slowly no T. But on a brighter note all the others are eating great. my g.rosea hasn't since it molted Saturday but its healthy. my salmon pink even managed to take down a pin head cricket that I thought was fully pre killed but it started to move in its encloser :D
Thanks for the update, @AndrewBush89. That sucks one escaped... Have you figured out how it did it? A little "Escape from Alcatraz" action going on over there... ;)

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
I over estimated its size when I made its enclosure and made too big of air holes its completely my fault my L.P. is the same size as it but had less hairs on it so I knew it was small enough to get through but the h.gigas looked thicker so I thought it was safe but I was wrong now it could be crawling in my room and its kinda scary I got into T's because I wanted to face my fears of spiders for my sons sake who is terrified of just about all bugs :confused:

Latest posts