• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Project....err unexpected

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
Is it still a project if you didn't schedule it....or do anything to make it happen?

Piloctenus haematostoma

I have 3, pretty sure, females. Found this yesterday morning. All 3 are a bit different in size. My biggest one, this was the middle ones, looks to be hella gravid too!

Kind of bad timing as I have lots of requests for more C. salei. Luckily I haven't paired them again. I was close...

I'm finding very little information about these guys other than tidbits on husbandry. Does anyone know how many are in one of these sacs? Please tell me a couple hundred....without lying Just not sure if I'm ready to deal with 1500 like the Salei....

If anyone has any sources on good info for these guys, please link me.

I love these guys. Look super cool and pretty mellow, although I keep to doing my duties when they're asleep.

I'll try and post some good pics later as I just dumped my phone. So this is all I have right now.

Attachments

• 20221121_200901.jpg
    20221121_200901.jpg
    956.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20221116_134122.jpg
    20221116_134122.jpg
    905.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20221119_090648.jpg
    20221119_090648.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
Actually sac had issues, but another female dropped a week ago. I need some info on pulling n maintaining until hatch. Never pulled a sac before and am over the chore of leaving with mom.

Anyone want to provide some info or linkage pertaining to true spider sac pulling and husbandry up to hatch?

Pre-thanks!

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
And the room goes silent. This is Fight Club guys.....

I really wonder why no one, including Google, is sharing info on how to pull true spider sacs and what to do afterwards to have a good hatch.

I know people are doing it.....ugh

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
And once again, sac was no good. Sounds like this species is not simple and Europeans have similar issues....

Going to send 2 of my 3 girls out for breeding to a friend who has a not quite mature male from a diff dealer. Gingers crossed.