• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New office guest

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Must be a young one. I've never seen, in the 5 years I've been in this office complex, a guest like this.

He's on the outside wall just behind the door (when it's open) going to the receiving center/ mail room.

Really cool how he's just hanging on the wall like a bug.
20160902_102023.jpg

He slept there all day from about 830am and was there when I left at 5.

We call them Little Brown Bat, or Mouse Eared Bat. Myotis lucifugus is the Latin name.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would never leave work
they're not vampire bats ;) actually really cool critters. My brother has a family of them living in the grain silo near his place. We were working on his roof this past August and in the evening after the sun set and the bugs came out thick we could hear them fly by feeding. It was really cool. never once did they get close enough to touch us or get stuck in hair, that's all just a myth, or more likely the person freaked out and the bat got caught in the hair flying about. Their sonar is sensitive enough to pick up each strand of hair ;)

Anyway reviving this old post as he (or she) came back yesterday but didn't hang out long. Not sure what it is about that cement column but he stayed there from about 9am until it started raining during lunch. Then he flew off to a nearby tree for shelter.

Latest posts