• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New members to the T collection! G. actaeon and a chromatus.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
So today I received my own Christmas present that I ordered for myself from the brilliant The Spider shop,
My new Grammostola actaeon, really pleased, not huge, maybe 4cm but already a great looking T.
B71CF5C8-F1C6-4F17-A899-DF533EE585AB.jpeg
CC0934B8-6876-4F3C-8B10-C60AC03208B6.jpeg

My Nhandu chromatus, quite quiet at the moment, hoping it will continue to be so.
AE543737-A36A-439F-B1F4-416E16C2A48D.jpeg

And to my surprise I got at Christmas present added in the box, a ickle baby Chaco. I added a fruit fly and it’s eating it already, having been in its new house for less than a few hours.
AAE4C181-672A-46B4-96C2-9AF54DFFB7C5.jpeg

Another of the actaeon. Just loving that smokey velvet colour
E00DE5EC-0DE5-41DA-AB1F-01E433766617.jpeg

Those are GOOD Christmas presents!!!!!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Let's see.

I'm about to increase your new addiction.

Pamphobeteous sp machala

P machala Persephone after labor day 2.jpg

Enjoy !!

The ones you have are excellent choices, especially the Nhandu chromatus.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
Thank you @PanzoN88 the actaeon is stunning, it’s relatively small now but wow, it will be something else as it grows.
Thank you @Whitelightning777 LOL, I’ll definitely look out for a Pamphobeteous sp machala, you are keen on them and I can see why, I promise, if, when I get to the Invicta arachnid show I will do my best to look out for one! I’ve have room for 6-8 vivs, 3 are taken already:( with these ones above and an Emilia, and technically another Chaco but she’s still tiny, how easy is it to fill them!
Maybe I can make it 8-10 if I shoehorn a few more vivs in?:oops:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can't think of and Pamphobeteous that isn't totally awesome, some of the best looking terrestrials our there.

Only Xenethis species can stand with these guys.

Last edited:

Tabitha

3 Year Member
Hi, I’m afraid neither, it’s a hazelnut but I did try acorn hut but It came from the garden so might of had bugs in it so I had a bag of nuts in shells, the hazelnut was cute and makes a nice hide, even though the sling is so small it is dwarfed by the nut, a walnut for a large one is such an excellent idea too!
“From little acorns do mighty oaks grow”
New tarantula house unit work in progress! Updates soon! :)

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, I’m afraid neither, it’s a hazelnut but I did try acorn hut but It came from the garden so might of had bugs in it so I had a bag of nuts in shells, the hazelnut was cute and makes a nice hide, even though the sling is so small it is dwarfed by the nut, a walnut for a large one is such an excellent idea too!
“From little acorns do mighty oaks grow”
New tarantula house unit work in progress! Updates soon! :)
I should have realised the ruler was metric! I haven't seen such a shiny hazelnut, great idea.

Latest posts