• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Big spiders 1986

Hi,everyone. New here but not to the hobby. I've been keeping t's on and off for about 20 years or so. I currently have 40 different species. I'm absolutely fascinated with them and learning all I can about them. Look forward to seeing and reading about everyone's experiences.
20210625_183111.jpg

Jenniferinfl

Hi, welcome. I'm recently returning to the hobby after a decade long hiatus and currently have a pile of slings myself.

It is a lot of fun growing them out, but, sort of forgot how time consuming spiderlings can be- especially if you are trying to grow them out of the vulnerable stage quickly.. lol

The psalmos are pretty much my favorites, cambridgei and pulcher are right up there for my favorite tarantulas. I got a victorii last weekend. :) I think I'm just missing ecclesiasticus and then I'll have the hobby-available psalmos anyways.

Mine are all tiny- not for long though! I bought an LP back in early June that was about half an inch, it might be 2" now.. lol My A. genic I bought at the same time just molted for the 3rd time. It is a lot of fun watching how fast they change as little spiderlings.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The psalmos are pretty much my favorites, cambridgei and pulcher are right up there for my favorite tarantulas. I got a victorii last weekend. :) I think I'm just missing ecclesiasticus and then I'll have the hobby-available psalmos anyways.
Wait till you get to pokies, they're like Lay's potato chips. Bet you can't keep just one.

If you like psalmos, Tapinauchenius might be for you. Also, don't forget P burgessi!

Jenniferinfl

Wait till you get to pokies, they're like Lay's potato chips. Bet you can't keep just one.

If you like psalmos, Tapinauchenius might be for you. Also, don't forget P burgessi!
I have a couple pokies, but, I've never had adult ones, so I don't know 100% yet how I feel about them. It's not like the psalmos for me where I had an adult pulcher, irminia and cambridgei. I've already had the full sling-adulthood experience with them. So far I like pokies, but, I haven't housed adult ones yet, so, we'll see. I have one T violaceus that is still small and mostly hides. I've almost ordered a Pseudoclamoris gigas a couple times, but, something keeps coming up. Burgessi reminds me a lot of cambridgei, so, I'd probably pick one up if I happened upon it.

With everything growing so fast, I probably need to pause until we actually get a commitment from a contractor to do our remodel and a timeline. I have tons of shelving where I could temporarily box up books and use the shelving for T's, but, the cats are hyper-interested in the tarantulas, so that's a no. Fortunately, we didn't buy too many fast growers, so I have maybe 10 that will need enclosures bigger than a shoebox within a year. I was hoping to have the remodel done before any of them were in adult housing, but, who knows at this point.. lol

Latest posts