• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bbbs53

3 Year Member
I started with a B. smithi in the early '90's. Very docile girl that lived 19 years. Now after a several year hiatus, I got the "bug" again, this time B. Boehmei. Not as docile but gorgeous. I have had her about 4 months and she lived where she was for a couple of years. She was a sling when the original folks got her. At 4 going on five she is a beautiful immature. She has quite the excavation going and is a great eater. Looking forward to trying a Greenbottle Blue sling, C. cyaneopubescens. So far she hasn't given me the urticating bristle treatment and has shown no aggression. She will take 2 crickets at once and hold them and dine at her leisure. There is a lot more information now than when I started and it is refreshing to see fellow enthusiasts.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hiya, welcome back to the hobby. Not only is there a lot more info around but dozens more species to tempt you. :D

Parrantula

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. You have a similar story to mine. I had a ten year gap in the hobby. Best thing I've done getting back into it.

bbbs53

3 Year Member
Thank you and you are so right. When I first started, about all that one could find was a Red Knee. Now it is a virtual cornucopia of species and I am delighted. Looking forward to raising a sling.