• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New M. balfouri 3" female enclosure

NukaMedia Exotics

3 Year Member
As I just ordered a gem from BlueJay to arrive Tuesday, I set up a nice tank for her. Glass 10 gallon aquarium tank with a custom fit acrylic lid, with handles attached on sides. Gave it a few hides and tried to give it a nice layout, hopefully it is sufficient. Also will I need to add extra weight on top of the lid??

IMG_0401.JPG IMG_0393.JPG IMG_0400.JPG

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks good. For a gem like a female balfouri I would put some kind of plastic clasp to hold the top on. Wouldn't want that sexy lady running off. There should be a simple way to glue a fastener on somewhere.

NukaMedia Exotics

3 Year Member
Looks good. For a gem like a female balfouri I would put some kind of plastic clasp to hold the top on. Wouldn't want that sexy lady running off. There should be a simple way to glue a fastener on somewhere.

I have some metal clasps but they don't fit with this setup so I'm trying to find something else...