• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Inverts

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So, I have been busy. Picked up several new inverts to add to the collection before the temperature drops and will be digging in until Spring. Many of these are exceptionally rare and hard to get so I am extremely happy about these particular additions :). Here they are:

Scorpions:
Bothriurus coriaceaus - Chilean Dwarf
Hadurus Arizonesis - Desert Hairy
Hottentotta trilineatus - 3 line scorpion
Centuroides scuplpturatus - Arizona Bark
Ophisothalmus glabrifons - Yellow Legged Creeping (BEEN ON MY WANT LIST FOREVER!!!)
Vaejovis confuses - Yellow Devil

True Spiders:
Ctenus captiosus - Florida Wandering Spider
Dinopidae sp. - Ogre Faced Spider
Homalonychus sp. - American Sand Assassin Spider
Olios giganteus - Golden Huntsman Spider

Primitive Spiders:
Gorgyrella sp. - Black Trapdoor Spider
Gorgyrella sp.- Red Trapdoor Spider

Beetles:
Asbolus verrucosus - Blue Death Feigning Beetles
Cryptolglossa variolosa - Iron Clad Beetles

Mantis:
Phyllocrania paradoxa - Ghost Mantis
Pseudocreobotra wahlbergi - Spiny Flower Mantis

god61021

3 Year Member
me? no. I mean there is an expo in wheaton il, but I am not sure if anyone there sells mantids or not, I was just introducing myself and letting you know we lived close to each other :)

god61021

3 Year Member
pretty sure ill be there also, but between gas, tolls, and entrance fee it costs me and the wife about 50 bucks just to get there, so might just order some

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's awesome. Did u have to order your mantids? I live in Elgin il so I haven't found any at local expos
I order most of my inverts online. That way I stick with my strategy on what I want in the collection. However, I have come home with a species or six from the Animal Expo and a few others :oops:. Can't be helped.

I ordered my mantis from Bugs in Cyberspace. Peter is a renown mantid and beetle expert in addition to carrying some really cool spiders (even has some T' and scorps too).

Check them out: http://shop.bugsincyberspace.com/Mantises_c2.htm

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yesterday, I picked up some new inverts:

3 Bess Beetles
6 Red-stripe Darkling Beetles
Giant House Spider

The Darklings are huge!

Latest posts