• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New G. rosea (bought off EBay)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I paid the grand total of £5.50 including shipping ($7.62) for this little one. It was dispatched on Monday and I had almost given up on it arriving today but the postman finally arrived just before 3pm (late).

Meet Ember
The outer packaging was pretty good but as kaz found with hers, it was loose in the container with a small amount of substrate and a piece of paper towel
DSCF1631.JPG

It seems fine though
DSCF1633.JPG

I rehoused it, sprayed the side of its new container with water and it went straight for a drink.
DSCF1635.JPG

Last edited:

kaz

3 Year Member
ahhh so cute!! Still not packed that tight then. Still you got a larger box lol mine was packed into a small light bulb box lol, and alot more paper towel in the pot!!. Ahh congrats tho be cool comparing them as they grow!!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@kaz Mine was in a ceramic light fixture box lol. It will be great to be able to compare their progress. I'm feeding my tiny ones tonight so we'll see if it eats.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
why the hell would they put sub in with it? were the paper towels even moist. im sure it would be thirsty. Congrats though enn! glad little guys ok! :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
why the hell would they put sub in with it? were the paper towels even moist. im sure it would be thirsty. Congrats though enn! glad little guys ok! :)

I'm puzzled about the sub too but yes the paper was slightly damp. It seems fine, certainly active, it's currently exploring the piece of plant.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So cute and tiny! Congrats.
Was that one of those sneaky "This setup comes with EVERYTHING you see on the picture" listings lol?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So cute and tiny! Congrats.
Was that one of those sneaky "This setup comes with EVERYTHING you see on the picture" listings lol?

Thanks.

No, that guy has a website too, http://www.fangsfeastsandbeasts.co.uk/ but he's had to stop including the T in his photos now. I bought my 2 N. chromatusfrom him. This seller is just selling these slings.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
is that what he told you? Iv bought from fangs and beasts, and spoke with her deffo not the same seller!!

The fella selling the G. roseas is not the same.

Fangsfeastsandbeasts who sells on EBay as kimouth, sends them with plastic jars with red screw tops (at least mine were), a bag of substrate and even sent some tiny crickets for first feeds. I'd definitely use them again. His name is Kim but yes he may have a partner/wife

khatchet

3 Year Member
Congrats you the new G. rosea. I still can not get over how you can get tarantula on ebay over there. Nothing like that here in the US, avt least not that I have seen.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats you the new G. rosea. I still can not get over how you can get tarantula on ebay over there. Nothing like that here in the US, avt least not that I have seen.

Awesome! Yeah, khatchet touched on it you can't buy slings on Ebay here... Maybe someday

All it needs is for one person to try it, selling as live food, and I'm sure it would take off like it has here

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks.

No, that guy has a website too, http://www.fangsfeastsandbeasts.co.uk/ but he's had to stop including the T in his photos now. I bought my 2 N. chromatusfrom him. This seller is just selling these slings.
Enn could you describe the growth rate of your N chromatus pair please? I'm thinking of getting a sexed female juvie, I'm just curious. Also feeding schedule and temp? Thanks:)

khatchet

3 Year Member
That is all it would take, it will not be me though, I do not see how you could safely ship them for that price.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Enn could you describe the growth rate of your N chromatus pair please? I'm thinking of getting a sexed female juvie, I'm just curious. Also feeding schedule and temp? Thanks:)

They were supposed to be 1cm when they came but they seemed smaller and now after 7 months they have reached 1" dls so not all that fast growers. As tiny slings I fed them twice a week but now I leave them a little longer but give them a couple of crickets each feed. Temp is as for all my slings around 75. I didn't see much of them, as they burrowed away, but now they are beginning to show themselves more.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They were supposed to be 1cm when they came but they seemed smaller and now after 7 months they have reached 1" dls so not all that fast growers. As tiny slings I fed them twice a week but now I leave them a little longer but give them a couple of crickets each feed. Temp is as for all my slings around 75. I didn't see much of them, as they burrowed away, but now they are beginning to show themselves more.
Ahh. I thought I'd heard they were kind of slow growing. My genic baby has surprised me with how slow she's growing as well, bout the same as your N chromatus. Anyways thanks for the info Enn, just wanted to know what to expect;)

Latest posts