• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New first time keeper

Gordon

3 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome, well today has been an exciting day, after work my girlfriend and I went into a local exotic pets shop and got our first T brachypelma smithi ( mexican red knee ) she's gorgous and seems docile enough aswell, once I know how to put pics up I'll get some posted

jackys

3 Year Member
Hello, welcome, and congrats on your new red knee! They are the best- I got one pretty recently too and she is constantly doing cute stuff. Looking forward to pics if you put some up later :)

Gordon

3 Year Member
Here's a wee pic of her , this was the first time ever holding a t , believe it or not upto today I've always been terrified of them, I was surprised at how not scary she is now lol

Attachments

• IMG-20170725-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20170725-WA0006.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 17

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Careful @Gordon. Like potato chips, you can't just have one.
PS--Great choice. The brachypelma sp. females can live 20+ years!!!! And, she's a cutie.

Gordon

3 Year Member
Thanks guys she is a lovely looking t, @WolfSpider I can believe that, I'm looking at the amount of locusts in one tub and thinking it woukd be a waste to not get another t incase they don't last too long in a little box, eventually I'd like to get a poecilotheria Metalica as a display t but everywhere I look I get the feeling these are not easy for a beginner to deal with, I kind of thought aslong as I wasn't handling her I could keep any species and just be carefull when I open the tank to feed

Latest posts