• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New family members - 4/4 have arrived!

Nunua

3 Year Member
Two of the four new family members arrived today :T: They are tiny, adorable and so far it seems that they are in a good condition after the trip from spidershop.pl, Poland

Brachypelma klaasi
abf637e53c.png

Brachypelma auratum
06dc05b635.png

Tomorrow should be a pokie time! :D

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats on the 2 new arrivals, so cute, and good luck with the Pokies when they arrive :T:

Nunua

3 Year Member
Had to wait the Pokies because the post actually sent a trolley of packages to the wrong suburb in my hometown o_O But today was the day! I have two adorable Pokie kids in my family, thanks to spidersworld.eu

Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli - Being an adorable bundle of stress at the moment, but hopefully settles down soon
5d92d9cd32.png

Then there is Poecilotheria vittata who already demonstrated the famous teleportation techniques. It ended up having a refreshing sprint from my arm to the chair via my lap, thigh, knee and back :rolleyes: Now chilling in the enclosure.
727c863f6e.png

58b1029e2a.png

Last edited:

Nunua

3 Year Member
Sounds like you had fun :). Congrats.
In the end it was fun but oh dear god I was terrified to lose the vittata right away ;)
The monologue in my head went like "Hi there, do you want to finally get o---- GAH! (actually shrieked a bit, haha!) no, no, no... Do not... No. Ok, breathe, the faster you move the more it gets spooked. Ok. It sits there for now. Do not bolt again aaaaand there." :D

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Nunua A lesson learned. Ts tend to run for short distances and then stop so if you can keep still they can be caught fairly quickly, not easy when you panic though :)