• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New exciting arrivals coming soon

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
So I'm expecting more new edition's next week I'm very excited about these first nephila madagascariensis slings which I plan putting in hollow frames to build there webs on that will be interesting.

And I'm also getting a Sicarius terrosus the 6 eyed sand spider
Can't wait ☺

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
Can't wait to see how the orb weavers decorate! I've been seeing a lot of those six eyed sand spiders on social media lately.
Are they as dangerous as they say or is that just a myth?

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Can't wait to see how the orb weavers decorate! I've been seeing a lot of those six eyed sand spiders on social media lately.
For what I've read you will die if bitten they have a necrotoxin which basically destroys the red blood cells acts like a flesh eating disease I had to proove I was over 18 and have a letter emailed to them saying I knew what I was buying

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
The orb weaver's will be amazing hopefully they take to the frames it will be like a living picture lol

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
For what I've read you will die if bitten they have a necrotoxin which basically destroys the red blood cells acts like a flesh eating disease I had to proove I was over 18 and have a letter emailed to them saying I knew what I was buying

Good to see they're taking the appropriate precautions as sellers. I heard the same about the bite, somebody told me there were two reported bites, one was a death the other an amputation of the arm. I was told bites aren't common but extremely dangerous.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Good to see they're taking the appropriate precautions as sellers. I heard the same about the bite, somebody told me there were two reported bites, one was a death the other an amputation of the arm. I was told bites aren't common but extremely dangerous.
That's correct there isn't or wasn't any anti venom because humans raley see these guys in the desert they are really shy and not at all aggressive so that's a good thing I suppose lol

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
That's correct there isn't or wasn't any anti venom because humans raley see these guys in the desert they are really shy and not at all aggressive so that's a good thing I suppose lol

So just don't touch haha. I read they're not good climbers so hopefully you don't have to worry about it shooting up the side of the enclosure at you.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
There here so there was I little mess up with my new additions but it's OK because I've ended up with a free spider. So today's delivery I received 2 x sicarius terrosus (6 eyed sand spider ) the orb weavers are coming Friday . This pic is of one of them very small at the moment but that's OK I like rearing spiders up
Screenshot_2017-02-15-14-48-13.jpg

Latest posts