• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New but super Into them.

Nixstormz

Hi my name is Noah and I’ve just recently being getting into keeping insects and arachnids. I have a ant colony and a few months ago got 4 beautiful slings. Lasidora parahybana, brachypelma Emilia, tliltocatl albopilosus and a psalmopoeus cambridgei. I see the psalmopoeus frequently but the other three never come out I’ve seen the tliltocatl once in the last two months. I’m coming to the forum to learn more and make sure that the lasiodora and the brachypelma are ok even though I haven’t seen them in months. They all have made burrows and have nice substrate and I give them water and food weekly. The psalmopoeus is out drinking as I post this. So excited to watch them all grow.

Seamus

3 Year Member
Hi my name is Noah and I’ve just recently being getting into keeping insects and arachnids. I have a ant colony and a few months ago got 4 beautiful slings. Lasidora parahybana, brachypelma Emilia, tliltocatl albopilosus and a psalmopoeus cambridgei. I see the psalmopoeus frequently but the other three never come out I’ve seen the tliltocatl once in the last two months. I’m coming to the forum to learn more and make sure that the lasiodora and the brachypelma are ok even though I haven’t seen them in months. They all have made burrows and have nice substrate and I give them water and food weekly. The psalmopoeus is out drinking as I post this. So excited to watch them all grow.
Hi Noah welcome to our tarantula family any questions you have no matter how Silly they sound we have some fantastic people here always willing to help you

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Noah, welcome to the hobby and the forum.
You will find all 4 of your slings will eventually grow to become very visible Ts but most slings will burrow away for security. Don't worry about them just make sure they have water at all times and remove any uneaten food if not eaten within 24 hours and they'll do fine.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello & welcome to the forum. My wife brought 2 cambridgeii slings last September at the Eastern Invert Show. They are now both well over 3 inches, L parahybana will grow at similar & fast rate.

Latest posts