• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New bugs :)

Atx13

3 Year Member
Got a couple Florida millipedes today.
WP_001691.jpg
WP_001670.jpg
WP_001697.jpg
WP_001695.jpg

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We have some cool ones that live around here. They are very large, black, with orange tummies. I love playing with them. I might need to try keeping a few.

Atx13

3 Year Member
I've got some millipedes coming, some rusty and bumble bees from florida.. :).
Do you have any pics of the ones around you?

Atx13

3 Year Member
millipedes live, breed and feed on rotting wood, and leaves... I had to Field collect supplies for mine :/..
Which bring me to a question... Is there anywhere to buy oak for the millies?

Atx13

3 Year Member
i really like them, one of my current are really active, hes missing an antenna(or whatever it is), but he crawls around more than the suspect female..

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Most of the ones I've caught curl up and "die" and wait for me to put them back down...they also have a sweet/nutty smell from the natural cyanide they produce o_O

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are pretty docile. I love picking them up when doing group walks as their size is pretty impressive. It normally freaks a few people out, then I get to educate their ignorant butts on how cool these guys are.

In regards to the cyanide you just need to make sure you wash your hands any don't lick them or anything...

Atx13

3 Year Member
dang, so i guess letting them crawl around in my mouth is a bad choice? lol. i always wash my hands after handling anything..

Atx13

3 Year Member
Some new pics of my new millies! I got 4 bumble bees and 2 rusty millies, could only get pics of 3 of the new ones, the others already went into hiding :p
I also added a size comparison pic of my Florida millie and one of the bumble bees.
WP_001798.jpg
WP_001799.jpg

khatchet

3 Year Member
I want some how hard are they to keep. And they eat rotting wood and leaves could they eat cocconut husk.

Latest posts