• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Babies!!!

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
:D Just received my special packages in the mail from Ken. My .5 inch Ceratogyrus (ADORABLE) and my Black Widow spider. Let the re-housing begin...I shall have photos as soon as I can, may be hard though, they are so small, and my camera is horrible. But Ill try :D Already named my Widow: GLADoS, or Caroline as a pet name (Anyone play Portal?)

<3 :T: <3

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
cerat.jpg

caroline.jpg

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Wow, be careful with that Widow!!:eek: Enjoy the new arrivals! :)

VERY careful, haha, shes huge.... Thanks! :D

Enjoy them!

I am loving them already! I ordered a Spider enclosure from Jamie's Tarantulas for my Widow...so I'll have to re-house her again. That baby T though is the most adorable thing. My OBT is a sling...less than 2 inches, but this new guy is still only as big as his butt. My Rose Hair is 5 inches I'd say...crazy seeing the size differences. My Black Widow is, for the moment, bigger than my Ceratogyrus.

baseballfanatic2

3 Year Member
:D Just received my special packages in the mail from Ken. My .5 inch Ceratogyrus (ADORABLE) and my Black Widow spider. Let the re-housing begin...I shall have photos as soon as I can, may be hard though, they are so small, and my camera is horrible. But Ill try :D Already named my Widow: GLADoS, or Caroline as a pet name (Anyone play Portal?)

<3 :T: <3
My gf would kill me if I brought home a black widow. You are crazy! lol

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
My gf would kill me if I brought home a black widow. You are crazy! lol

My boyfriend bought me her cause I wanted her so bad, hahaha, I'm lucky my bf is cool with my hobby. No one else I know is, all my friends are scared of them all.

I have my own apt now, but when I got my Rose Hair I was living with my mom...aaaaaand I thought she was going to kill me. It was a war.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Today I'll be re-housing my Widow into her permanent enclosure, its arriving today from Jamie's Tarantulas. Luckily the last time I'll have the move her. She is the only pet I have I am nervous to re-house. I have had ALOT of spiders...they always try to run and hide, way before thinking to bite...not my Widow, she reaches out immediately with those long front legs and either holds her ground or advances. Shes wicked.

Happy to say though, both her and my crazy little Ceratogyrus sling are both eating enthusiastically. Good sign :)

I'll post pics of Jamie's Tarantulas Spider Enclosure Package and my Widows re-house into it later... if she doesn't tag me...JK, I'm going to take every pre-caution. I have to joke or I'll get nervous. But yeah, so I can also show what the enclosure is like, its my first order from her. Probably not my last either from what it seems like.

If I can I'll try for more better pics too of my T baby.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
My old baby, my big girl:

0418141728.jpg

rosieeating.jpg

Rosiesnewappetite.jpg

Had to get these shots...for months she stopped eating and being active. Like 4 months...had me worried, and it was sorta sad because she normally has a wild personality. Well, noticed her wandering more, and she has now fully regained her appetite, I'm so excited! She is the first T i got. Also my most docile and gentle T. Shes almost impossible to upset. Shes never gotten aggressive. <3 I still don't know why she turned into a pet rock and didn't eat for so long...I expected a molt, but that never happened.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
@RobnBig

FINALLY, re-housed my Widow, here's a couple pics. And I def am impressed by Jamie's Tarantulas. I will def order from her again. The first vendor I ordered from...should be shut down and not allowed to have or sell anything live. I won't name names, but if you pm me for the warning...I will.

widowhouse.jpg
set-up before I moved her.

widowhouseher.jpg
re-housed. and I didn't have a single problem :) She loves the vent.

Prudance

3 Year Member
Oh I am so jealous!!! Your widow is absolutely beautiful. That's my favorite spider of all time. Alas I'm not going to get one anytime soon. My husband has said no to anything medically significant as we have children.

We used to live in an area that had them all around though. I never killed them. They are very shy creatures that will run away. They typically only bite when cornered or about to be squished.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Oh I am so jealous!!! Your widow is absolutely beautiful. That's my favorite spider of all time. Alas I'm not going to get one anytime soon. My husband has said no to anything medically significant as we have children.

We used to live in an area that had them all around though. I never killed them. They are very shy creatures that will run away. They typically only bite when cornered or about to be squished.

Thank you! I have been wanting one for...a decade and finally got one. I'm sorry you can't get one...you are absolutely right about them being shy, and only biting when they think their going to die, or are in the process. You are literally 1 out of 2 people that approved of her though...everyone else thinks I'm crazy. But I've had spiders my whole life and she doesn't act any different than the rest. But she has that...legendary feel to her :) . How young are your children? With the enclosure I have my Widow in, she cannot escape, doesn't try to when I feed her, and is actually not easy to open. Maybe if you kept it out of reach of them, or when they get a bit older if they are still too young to understand, you can. Took me a decade...finally happened :) :T: And welcome to the forum!!!

Latest posts