• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New and excited ^^

Andee

3 Year Member
So I am new to tarantula keeping, not new to learning about them or basic care requirements (though I know almost every species and likely individuals will be different if they are like any other animal). I have not started keeping the tarantula species I want most, currently I have no T's. But I have been researching my species for ages. I want to keep and eventually breed around 5+ years down the road when the females and males are of correct breeding age and size, G. Pulchra. I know people will likely say that's not smart or you are taking on too much too soon. I will give you some background. I never get into anything without researching extensively. I raise 6 different species of feeders currently and plan to do more. I also will have some other species of insects added to the group soon and have many spiders as well. I have reptiles and mammals, with some birds. I do rescue/rehabs. I have already figured out the size of enclosure I would give to an adult female, and the depth. Likely would give a larger enclosure than most people do (which I don't understand), and I will be filling it pretty full with Eco Earth. I will provide all my adults with multiple things because of some of the adjustments I will have to make. I have research the temperature changes and rainfall from where they come from around before, during, and after breeding.

Otherwise, I am most interested in doing stuff most people don't. In trying things most people don't and coming at it from other perspectives. I have line bred, hybrid silkworms. It has created stronger and healthier genetics within a usually weak species.

I hope to learn an amazing amount here ^^

Latest posts