• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New additions

Redsycthe

Good Morning, I received my new slings yesterday. My C. elegans and B.Homorii. I am keeping the C. elegans in the dram it was shipped in. I dont think I have ever seen a sling that tiny. I poked additional holes in the top. Little dude burrowed last night all the way to the bottom.
20200701_093559.jpg

Redsycthe

Thanks all, I can see the little heart on the booty. Little dude, showing me his good side this morning.

I fed him a pinhead last night. Cant' locate it. He is face first in the substate so thinking he may have snagged it.

Redsycthe

Received my A. Geniculata the other day. I love it. Fed the little guy a mealworm. I read about the feeding response I understand they are pretty voracious with food, it pounced on the mealie. By far the best response I've had. All the other minions tend to hide until night or I have to prekill. Definitely made my day last night to see that.

Redsycthe

Well... I finally broke down and started my OW collection.

OBT
O.violaceopes
P. regalis

All received in healthy condition. The P regalis and O violaceopes unboxing was fairly good. I had a real butt clenching moment with the OBT. I just started unrolling paper towel. That little s**t shot out of that roll like a cannon, was on the side of the container in a millisecond. I had the lid on stand by so I got it on before he made his retreat to my floor. Feisty isn't even close to a description. I came home from work yesterday and checked on them. Little dude was threat posing me when I approached his container.

Redsycthe

Well... I finally broke down and started my OW collection.

OBT
O.violaceopes
P. regalis

All received in healthy condition. The P regalis and O violaceopes unboxing was fairly good. I had a real butt clenching moment with the OBT. I just started unrolling paper towel. That little s**t shot out of that roll like a cannon, was on the side of the container in a millisecond. I had the lid on stand by so I got it on before he made his retreat to my floor. Feisty isn't even close to a description. I came home from work yesterday and checked on them. Little dude was threat posing me when I approached his container.
The speed is ridiculous, I was anticipating it, but seeing it...WOW

timc

3 Year Member
The speed is ridiculous, I was anticipating it, but seeing it...WOW
I’ve always said you never understand OW speed until you see it. It all looks fast on video, but then you see it in person and you’re like “well, this is what everyone was talking about” lol.

What size(s) are they? I’d love to see some baby pictures!

Redsycthe

I’ve always said you never understand OW speed until you see it. It all looks fast on video, but then you see it in person and you’re like “well, this is what everyone was talking about” lol.

What size(s) are they? I’d love to see some baby pictures!
OBT is 1.5" very hardy looking
regalis is 1.5"
O.violaceopes is 1"

I just got done feeding them. They all took the wax worms. I cant really get a good pic LOL they snatched it up and all 3 took it into their burrows. But as soon as possible I will get a good pic of them. Jeez, put each of there containers in a 10 gallon empty fish tank in the bath tub. It went smooth, but I went overkill. First feeding and didnt want any issues.

timc

3 Year Member
No such thing as overkill with OWs bro, I completely understand. Feeding time with my OBT involves 3 catch cups lol.

Redsycthe

No such thing as overkill with OWs bro, I completely understand. Feeding time with my OBT involves 3 catch cups lol.
It was pretty humorous my OBT webbed between 2 moss patches and dug 2 burrows. I didnt know which little web nest it was under so I was coaxing it out by tapping the tongs around the web curtains. It was a little more relaxed when it peeked out. Came up out of the substrate a kind of shook of the dirt like a wet dog.

Latest posts