• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

never bred a T before

prince charmless

I have been into the hobby for only a year or so, and have no experience breeding Ts. I do however have a breeding pair of Pamphobeteus sp. Machala. The male molted a couple of weeks ago and is now in his full adult colors. Waiting for the female to molt as I do not want to put the male at risk in a coupling only to have the female molt immediately after. My other pair are Nhandu Chromatus. The female molted about three weeks ago and I am planning to attempt a pairing soon. The male does not like being moved and is quick to kick hairs and make threat displays. Planning to construct a breeding enclosure with an easily removable divider. Wish me luck.

MBullock

3 Year Member
try shark-tanking him first to make sure she's receptive. if she's receptive, she'll drum her forelegs as a "call" in response to his taps

Latest posts