• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Needing help identifying my T

DrearyFate

3 Year Member
I have had my new T sling for about 2 weeks now, I supposedly ordered a Grammostola Pulchra but i am doubting the fact that she is an actual Brazilian Black can anyone help? I can provide pictures and details

DrearyFate

3 Year Member
This is her this morning

Attachments

• 20161019_164815.jpg
    20161019_164815.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
  • 20161019_164810.jpg
    20161019_164810.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66

DrearyFate

3 Year Member
Noticed webbing around the corner of the enclosure and i dident think grammostola pulchra made that much webbing at all?

Attachments

• 20161019_164757.jpg
    20161019_164757.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20

Telson

3 Year Member
Amount of webbing is an individual thing, in my experience. And that does look like a very small G pulchra sling :) It will darken in a few molts.

DrearyFate

3 Year Member
Thank you for the reassurance i have been frequently comparing her to a g. Pulchripes and g. Pulchra slings on google images haha

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You'll be able to tell for sure in a few molts like @Telson said. If it's a G. pulchripes you'll begin seeing the leg stripes when reaches about 3/4-1" dls.

DrearyFate

3 Year Member
T
slings are very hard to identify at that size. If you got it from a reputable breeder you can be sure that they sent you the right species :)
Thats just the thing i got her from "backwater reptiles" ive done my research om them and they are very sketchy with there orders

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
I have had my new T sling for about 2 weeks now, I supposedly ordered a Grammostola Pulchra but i am doubting the fact that she is an actual Brazilian Black can anyone help? I can provide pictures and details
Looks pulchra to me. Pulchra(many) do indeed web. Mine do a lot, in fact. They especially like to web over their water bowls to spite me

Venom2090

3 Year Member
T

Thats just the thing i got her from "backwater reptiles" ive done my research om them and they are very sketchy with there orders
it looks like a grammie, but you cant tell the species just yet. maybe you should research the breeder first next time before buying any spiders.
general rule of buying online is to only trust actual arachnid breeders to send you the right stuff, not reptile dealers.

DrearyFate

3 Year Member
it looks like a grammie, but you cant tell the species just yet. maybe you should research the breeder first next time before buying any spiders.
general rule of buying online is to only trust actual arachnid breeders to send you the right stuff, not reptile dealers.
I am aware the next time around to research beforehand, i definatly will do for my next T im thinking of getting a G. Pulchripes once Lylah gets into her juvenile enclosure

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Check the for sale thread and reviews,
There's several review threads of different options :p from forum members to actual shops.

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
I got screwed with them as well. Tried contacting them 3 times after finding out i got the wrong species. they never responded

Latest posts