• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need idea's for my new dubia enclosure....

~*~*Poeci Princess*~*~

3 Year Member
Started out w/ like 300+ and only 2 males. Now I have to have at least 500+, including about 5 males. Needless to say, they are molting like crazy and outgrowing their once humble locking tub.... BF doesn't want anything too big, but I wanna put them in a 10gl with a screen lid.... I mean they aren't going to climb the glass as long as it's clean.... But he says it would be too hectic to clean. Any idea's? Post pics if you can of your ideas!!!

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If these are not dislay roaches then put them in a 20gal plastic tub with a stack of egg crates for surface area.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi ;)
If tbey get overcrowded you will start to have problems. If you cant upgrade the container you might think about selling a couple hundred.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I use rubbermaid tubs, any time the colony gets too big, I just move half the egg grate into anothe tub, giving me a 2nd colony. I try not to keep to many males. I feed em off if I have to many at any given time.

Richard Ray

3 Year Member
I use rubbermaid tubs, any time the colony gets too big, I just move half the egg grate into anothe tub, giving me a 2nd colony. I try not to keep to many males. I feed em off if I have to many at any given time.
Kenny what a good male to female ratio in a colony

~*~*Poeci Princess*~*~

3 Year Member
Sorry for the late reply, been busy! But I go smaller with the male:female ratio... I have now about 600+ and only 6 males and I'm about to sell some off... 7 if u count my albino male... Watched him grow from a 1/4" nymph to a full blown male, only albino I've ever seen! Getting ready to throw some orange slices in there, supposedly it makes them breed like crazy! And I am trying to get my chameleons to start eating them, so I can stop this cricket farming nonsense....

Latest posts