• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help

Ranger94

Ok I got a new sling Goliath white knee my first sling and he made him a new home and I spray it and have put food in cage for him but he will not come out and I can't see him how do I know he is ok hate to bug yall but I don't want anything to happen to him

nedaK

Did he make a burrow? If so did he seal it off? If so, he is most likely in premolt because these guys almost never pass up on a meal unless they are in premolt.

Tnoob

I'm pretty sure the first rule of being a spider is that you need to fallow the Heisenberg uncertainty principle to the letter.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Acanthoscurria geniculata "Giant white knee tarantula"...not a goliath. It's just relaxing and settling into it's new environment. Just let it be...it will probably come out when its dark. That's what slings sometimes do...its part of their survival instincts.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have slings that I can go months without seeing unless I rehouse them. Most slings will burrow, even the arboreals, as that is where they feel safest. Sometimes the only way you know they are alive is when food disappears overnight but as already said it may not eat if it's in premoult..

Latest posts