• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help NOW!!!!! What do I do

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
IMG_6350.JPG
Checked my Ts and see this. My first ever t, g porteri laying on belly, starting to molt. She's barely moving and don't look right. Never had a T molt like this. I don't know how long she's been like this, or if she's ok.
IMG_6349.JPG

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ennie or Mass, what do you think?
I've read, although I have never seen, that T's can molt upright.
My best guess is to keep the water dish filled and leave it alone.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
I've seen her molt a dozen times. Never like this. She looks to b struggling. I'd be devastated if she dies, and I hadn't tried rolling her on her back, to give her a better chance, or...something

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So much for the typical teaching.....Thanks for sharing @SpiderDad61!! You taught me, and others something. So happy that your T is OK. It's got to be awful painful to watch your baby in stress.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There was me about to tell you to leave her alone and too late you flip her and it paid off. Well done you and well done T :):rolleyes:
I would have said the same thing as WolfSpider and Enn. Thanks @SpiderDad61 for sharing. I've always avoided disturbing them in molt, and I've had a few do it on their belly. But you may well have saved her. At the very least it sounds like you made it easier on her.

Latest posts