• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help. Mold maybe?

Hi guys I just started tarantula keeping as a hobby a couple of weeks ago and I already have 4 Ts lol. I just saw this in my H. Pulchripes enclosure. Not sure if it’s mold or maybe even poop. I’ve only noticed it on that green leaf and also the webbing. Haven’t found any on the substrate but I’m keeping a close eye on it. I keep looking at different forums and threads and I see mixed answers. If anyone out there can help me out it would be appreciated. Thank you all.

Attachments

• 820DAA2B-08EE-417D-8026-2A87C2B0A156.jpeg
    820DAA2B-08EE-417D-8026-2A87C2B0A156.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 03AEA65F-DC5C-4ED0-8C1F-5BCFA2EF53CE.jpeg
    03AEA65F-DC5C-4ED0-8C1F-5BCFA2EF53CE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Though it looks like eggs I'm 99% sure it's just poop. I'm 100% sure it's not mould.
Also, where you found it are exactly the places where tarantulas like to do their biz. Mould doesn't grow on fake leaves or webbing. It tends to grow on organic stuff, like substrate or dead feeder insects, which is why we remove the leftovers.

Though it looks like eggs I'm 99% sure it's just poop. I'm 100% sure it's not mould.
Also, where you found it are exactly the places where tarantulas like to do their biz. Mould doesn't grow on fake leaves or webbing. It tends to grow on organic stuff, like substrate or dead feeder insects, which is why we remove the leftovers.
Thank you so much I feel a lot better now. I really appreciate your help.

Latest posts